Damage Shields vs. Entangles

Cyragnome

How do you rule?

I'm curious, I've done a board search and thumbed through FRED and can't seem to find anything on Damage Shields vs. Entangles...(I'm sure it's probably in an obvious place, but I can't see it under damage shield or entangle)...

What got me thinking of this is an Ice Character with an Ice based entangle vs. a Fire based character with a Fiery Damage Shield...as a GM I'd rule the damage shield does damage to the entangle...I mean by the letter of the rules, theoretically, the Damage Shield shouldn't do damage (not a grab, right)...but I would think special effects might count for something here...

So is there an official ruling somewhere? How would you guys do it? Ignoring the fire/ice combo, how about someone with a spikey body, an energy field, bone-chilling cold, or other special effect that makes sense (not something like "Counterpunch" though, I would think)?

I think this is a Ask Steve TM question, but IMO, yes the fire based damage shield does damage to the ice based entangle.

PS: i would rule on a case by case basis, for example, a guy whose DS is defined as spikes jutting out form his body, I can't think of a reason they would work against a Glue based entangle that come in wet and gooey then may or may not solidify.