Earthsense (Avatar series)

Tech

I've watched the Avatar series a bit and was thinking of Toph's ability to sense with her feet even though she's blind. The initial impression is Spatial Awareness but having analyzed it, it's much more than that.

Although blind, she can sense her surroudings via earthbending to move around just about as well as someone who can see. When she is attacked, she can sense the movements of the opponents; in so doing she can anticipate what they are about to do and effectively set-up a countermeasure or attack them before they can (episode Blind Bandit).

So, how to build this is the question? I'd like to use this for a blind hero.

Re: Earthsense (Avatar series)

The vibration sens acts in 360 degrees, is a limited Danger Sense and also lets her Detect Lies.

IMO, her and Aang's ability to use this to counter is more of a reflection of how good they are. Take it away from Toph and she's completely blind and somewhat helpless. Take it away from Aang and he can still counter almost as well based off visual clues and sticking techniques. He just lacking the full 360 degree info and could potentially be blindsided.

Re: Earthsense (Avatar series)

I would probably build it as an AE (with lotsa levels or Megascale),Targeting, Normal Touch (Discriminatory, Sense, and 360 are free on Normal Touch) with the Limitations, Only When in Touch With The Ground and Only Against Targets In Touch With The Ground. Either that or I would take Touch via the Simulated Sense Group Rule for Spatial Awareness (with 360 and Discriminatory) with the above Limitations.