Membership in a Powerful Men Club?

Sociotard

Is membership to a "Powerful Mens Club" an organization contact or a membership fringe benefit? The club I'm envisioning is the kind of place where Senators, Billionairs and Mafia Dons get together to play pool and drink expensive liquor. Membership won't really get you resources, but it will get you in touch with people who do. You also get to learn a secret handshake.

How would you build it, and for how many points.

Re: Membership in a Powerful Men Club?

I'd require more than 10 points in wealth or another perk (senator, mayor, CEO of F500) --- then membership would be free. Now, if the club could provide services or information to the party I charge for it (it's 2 points to be a police officer and have access to criminal records, finger printing, crime labs, squad cars, carry a gun anywhere, and legally shoot or taze people under certain circumstances).

Both, membership only would allow access to powerful people, perhaps even a minor favor due to being a fellow member (tickets to a minor political rally, means to contact a smuggler etc), but no special leverage to get them to do a thing about the PCs problems. The higher the cost of membership the more likely access to the more powerful members.

Contacts would provide some personal attachment to specific (even if generic in game terms) members of the club.

Guest Admiral C

I'd only say it costs 1 point as a fringe benefit, 0 points for someone with enough points in other perks like having 10 points in wealth, 10 points in contacts, having a positive reputation worth at least 5 points. Clubs like this "want" powerful people and popular people to show up. Someone with enough perks might be invited to attend a party or event for free before being asked for "donations."

Paying for the fringe benefit AND have lots of perks means that your a Platinum Member or somesuch, able to schedule your own parties and fundraisers using the clubs facitilies.

Just having the perk means you have enough clout, or big enough friends, that the club wants you around because you're making other people happy.