Zombie variant options

megaplayboy

Just something I came up with while bored:

Semi-fast zombie: increase DEX by 2, increase movement to 1" less than normal humans

Fast zombie: Increase DEX by 3, increase movement to 6"/phase

Faster zombie, Increase DEX by 5, SPD by 1, increase movement to 7"/phase

Fastest zombie, Increase DEX by 8-10, SPD by 2, increase movement to 10"/phase (nearly fast enough to chase slow-moving cars)

Semi-strong zombie: increase STR by 2

Strong zombie:increase STR by 3-5

Stronger zombie: increase STR by 8-10

Strongest zombie: increase STR to 25-30

semi-tough zombie: increase body by 1, rPD by 1

tough zombie: +3 body, +2rPD

tougher zombie: +5 BODY, +3rPD

toughest zombie: +10 BODY, +6rPD

semi-smart zombie: +3 INT, can do very simple tasks like opening a door, surrounds a target before attacking

smart zombie: +5 INT, can use blunt objects as clubs, uses stealth and rudimentary pack tactics

smarter zombie: +8 INT, can use melee weapons and sometimes guns, can understand spoken language, capable of barter

smartest zombie: +10 INT, can use sophisticated weapons and drive vehicles, capable of speech and full reasoning

Other variants:

Semi-armored zombie (this could be a zombie SWAT team guy or soldier): +6 rPD, Act. 11-

Fully armored zombie(a secondary mutation has given the zombie a tough armored hide): +8 DEF

Leaping zombie: +5" leap

Fanged zombie: add +2 DC to the zombie's bite

sharp-fanged zombie: add AP to the fanged zombie's bite

venomous fanged zombie: add a paralyzing venom to the zombie's bite

more infectious zombie: speed up the effects of the zombie-virus by one or two steps on the time chart

exploding zombie--2-3d6 RKX, destroys zombie, trigger: stabbed or shot in the vitals (basically, gas builds up in the body...uh, you get the idea)

acidic zombie: spits acid at prey

Re: Zombie variant options

My favorite change to the classic zombie was one that I made. The zombies had and EB linked to a Drain CON I believe (haven't used it in forever). I defined it as they would pull out a random rotting organ and throw it at the PC's. The looks I got when they though they had some thime before the zombies got into combat range.:D

My favorite change to the classic zombie was one that I made. The zombies had and EB linked to a Drain CON I believe (haven't used it in forever). I defined it as they would pull out a random rotting organ and throw it at the PC's. The looks I got when they though they had some thime before the zombies got into combat range.:D

That is too sweet! Consider it stolen.

How about:

Hungry Zombie: Healing 2d6 Self Only, OAF live human flesh of opportunity

Devouring Zombie: Aid 2d6 STR & BODY Self Only, OAF live human flesh of opportunity

Horrific Zombie: Drain PRE 1d6, Ranged

anti-zombie countermeasures:

sealed hazmat suit

1 PD Armor

Invisibility to smell group, fringe effect

Stink bomb/pepper spray bomb

(Flash vs. smell or darkness vs. smell)

This is on the theory that zombies use smell to zero in on prey.

sweat/pheromone spray:

Images vs. smell (make a zombie smell like a human)

Isn't that from the original Quake game?