The Walking dude

Navar

The Walking Dude

Dark Champions character for a campaign with limited psychic abilities, but few other powers (mutants and zombies will be baddies, but not player characters.)

Character is an old Gunslinger who wields two massive revolvers (str 20 for anyone else to lift.) He has the ability to Psychically generate ammunition for his weapons (no charges more or less plus a couple of abilities.) His back story is that he was a member of an organized criminal organization (a hired gun so to speak) and he turned his back on them and is wandering and helping people.

75 points

75 Disads

150 points total

Characteristics

Val Char Cost

12 STR 2

17 DEX 21

14 CON 8

14 BODY 8

8 INT -2

10 EGO 0

10 PRE 0

6 COM -2

2 PD 0

2/9 PD (0/7 rPD)

3 ED 0

3/10 ED (0/7 rED)

3 SPD 3

5 REC

28 END 0

27 STUN 0

6" Running 0

2" Swimming 0

2" Leaping 0

38 Total Characteristics Points

Skills

Cost Name

3 Acrobatics 12-

7 Fast Draw 14-

5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)

10 Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged)

3 Demolitions 11-

5 Defense Maneuver I-II

3 Teamwork 12-

2 +2 with any single attack with one specific weapon

4 Survival (Urban) 12-

4 KS: Zombies 13-

3 Weaponsmith (Firearms, Incendiary Weapons) 11-

3 WF: Small Arms, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns

0 Climbing 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 AK: [Home Country or Region] 8-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

52 Total Skills Cost

Talent

Cost Name

5 Rapid Healing

5 Total Talents Cost

POWERS

Cost Power END

3 Gun Muscle: +10 STR (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only to meet Str modifier for using firearms; -2) 2

10 Huge Guns: Multipower, 37-point reserve, (37 Active Points); all slots STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4)

1u 1) Pistol Whip: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) 3

1u 2) Normal shot: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) 3

1u 3) Psychic Bullet: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, No Normal Defense ([Equally Common Defense]; Psychic Defenses; +1/2) (37 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) 4

1u 4) Armor Piercing round: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (37 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) 4

1u 5) Quick Shots: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (31 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) 3

1u 6) Shooting down the barrel: Dispel Ranged Killing attack 12d6 (36 Active Points); STR Minimum 18 and higher (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; Requires a STR of 20 to hold and use; -1 1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) 4

12 Ankle-Length Duster: Armor (7 PD/7 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF Durable (; -1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) 0

31 Total Powers Cost

Martial Arts Maneuvers

Cost Maneuver

Gun Fu

4 1) Basic Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +2, Strike, +4 DC

3 2) Defensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +0, Strike +2 DC

5 3) Offensive Ranged Disarm: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +2, Disarm, +4 DC to Disarm

4 4) Quick Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike, +4 DC

8 5) +2 Ranged Damage Class(es)

24 Total Martial Arts Cost

Disadvantages

Cost Disadvantage

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

5 Psychological Limitation: Facinated by Firearms (Uncommon, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Triggerhappy (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with Crimefighting (Very Common, Strong)

10 Distinctive Features: Scar on right side of face (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Group PC was formerally a member of 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

5 Reputation: Fled his previous group/employer (Coward/traitor), 8-

10 Distinctive Features: Huge Guns (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)

75 Total Disadvantages Cost

PEACH

Re: The Walking dude

Interesting character

If a player handed me this a few questions that come to mind are

1- Is Real Weapon really appropriate?

2- Is the STR min really a limit? If so is it as much of a limit as normal?

3- Does the player realize that the Psychic Bullet isn't going to do Body?

4- MP represents 2 guns, a single attack can disarm them both at once (Standard for the -1 OAF), maybe a smaller limit -3/4 to indicate that it takes two disarms to remove the weapons. (Loses autofire with one successful disarm?)

Interesting character

If a player handed me this a few questions that come to mind are

1- Is Real Weapon really appropriate?

2- Is the STR min really a limit? If so is it as much of a limit as normal?

3- Does the player realize that the Psychic Bullet isn't going to do Body?

4- MP represents 2 guns, a single attack can disarm them both at once (Standard for the -1 OAF), maybe a smaller limit -3/4 to indicate that it takes two disarms to remove the weapons. (Loses autofire with one successful disarm?)

1. Yes, the guns are real and must be broken down and cleaned regularrly to function.

2. I would think so. I bought a power to offset this, and the power that lets me use the gun costs end as well.

3. Why not? Its still an RKA it is just a bullet of psychic force rather than metal.

4. A single attack being able to disarm is fine with me. KISS mean that this is easier anyway.

1. Yes, the guns are real and must be broken down and cleaned regularrly to function.

2. I would think so. I bought a power to offset this, and the power that lets me use the gun costs end as well.

3. Why not? Its still an RKA it is just a bullet of psychic force rather than metal.

4. A single attack being able to disarm is fine with me. KISS mean that this is easier anyway.

1. An unbreakable focus that needs to be maintained seems a little odd but I can see your point.

2. You spent 3 points to offset a minimum of a 6 point gain that could be an advantage if someone weaker tries to use the weapons; As a GM I'd be concerned.

3. I believe NND's don't normally do body without an additional advantage (+1 Does Body)

4. Cool

2. You spent 3 points to offset a minimum of a 6 point gain that could be an advantage if someone weaker tries to use the weapons; As a GM I'd be concerned.
And I as a GM would flatly disallow it. "A Limitation that doesn't limit the power isn't worth a bonus," and all that. :)

3. I believe NND's don't normally do body without an additional advantage (+1 Does Body)
That's correct. The Power as written will not do BODY damage. From 5ER page 265:

"No Normal Defense attacks are STUN only; they can only do BODY if the character also buys the Does BODY Advantage, which requires GM's permission."

OK cool. I misunderstood the question about psychic bullet. Yes, I knew that power will only do Stun. That is how I conceptualized the power. If requested by the GM I would happily spend 3 more points on the multipower, make the limitation a -1 or whatever. The reason to me it is a limitation is because it requires the character to spend an additional 2 end per phase to use all of the gun powers. (And any new ones.) To me making all of your powers cost 50-66% more end is a pretty big limitation, but I am not SOLD on it if you know what I mean.

You can apply "Requires Multiple Foci or functions at reduced effectiveness" to an foci limitation and reduce it by 1/4. So a -1 OAF drops to a -3/4 OAF. This character uses this limitation: http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/champions/teinfengmo.html

Cool' date=' thanks for that. If it comes up I will change the limitations.[/quote']

You might want to consider 5 points to buy two guns. In fact, you might want to look into buying one gun as is, then buying the second for 5 points, then building the multipower out of naked advantages to the base RKA. See here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/bl/revy.html