Help With A setting up a char

sargent_26

Hi, A friend of mine is running a game of highly skilled char with a war of the world tipe fell to it. aleins are trying to change things so they can take over. I have a thought of a char that is ex nave sail, and hase true marshul art training. he is an american. his mom is japanise with ties to the yacosa. and his dad is italon with ties to the mob. he can speek both. and i don't realy know the system so any help with what tp pick i would thanks all.

Re: Help With A setting up a char

The character sound like he would be played by Steven Segal. So high stats Kempo like martial arts (Or say Aikido and Karate) and the basic Seal stuff...

Swimming, TF Boats, Stealth, climbing,First aid, Levels with some or all attacks, Levels w/ Perception, WF: Fire arms, WF: Blades...etc....

Really it's a matter of how many points do you have?

Check Dark Champions for the Military Packages. According to that, a Navy SEAL is 156 points just on packages - before customization!

But that includes a boatload of WF, some basic martial arts, some skill levels, and even a fair array of characteristics in the heroic range...:D

i am truely sorry for all the spellint ereors i have 5 diffrent disorders that all afect my spell and stuff. i am trying to do better, just fond out the game is onely 105 points and 35 in disadds. any help. i don't know how to do that know with so les points then i thought. thanks for all the help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, a friend of mine is running a game of highly skilled characters with a War of the Worlds type of feel to it. Aliens are trying to change things so they can take over. I have thought of a character that is an ex-navy SEAL with martial arts training. He is an American. His mother is japanese with ties to the Yakuza and his dad is Italian with ties to the mob. He speaks both languages. I don't really know the system so any help with what to pick would be appreciated. Thanks all.

I think he is doing 200 points and 35 in disads. Thanks for the help. If you can think of anything else, let me know. It means a lot since I don't know the game that well.

I am truly sorry for all the spelling errors. I have 5 different disorders that all effect my spelling and stuff. I am trying to do better; just found out the game is only 105 points and 35 in disads. Any help? I don't know how to do that now with fewer points than I thought. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks, does anyone have the package info. from Dark Champions on the navy SEALs? That would help out a lot. Thanks, still work in 35 points of disads that won't mess with any the package they might have. Thanks again for all the help.

Jeff

It was bugging me, so I sort of cleaned it up so it would make better sense to me.

I believe there is a policy against presenting information from the books on the forum, so as to not dilute the value of the books. In essence, you can scale it pretty easily:

Professional Skill: Navy SEAL 17- (thus, all the information from that organization is covered in one fell swoop). Supplement with KS: Military Etiquette and History, KS: Military Vehicles and Weapons, etc. Obviously the various Weapon Familiarities. These can also be included in the PS: Navy SEAL if your GM allows it, precluding your need to take any of those.

Take a few martial maneuvers with Weapon Elements: Knife, Pistol, Rifle, Weapons of Opportunity. At various times, SEALs have used various techniques, and they all seek what they see fit as well. A couple maneuvers should do you fine, like: Choke Hold, Martial Strike, Nerve Strike, Killing Strike, Martial Throw & Martial Grab. Just pick like 3 of them with the Weapon Element.

Take Combat Skill Levels (Melee and Ranged Only), perhaps +2 or 3.

Have high stats, but nothing too crazy. Remember that the scale is rather small at normals levels, so taking a lot of 13s, 14s, and 15s makes you hugely out of the realm of us mere mortals.

Don't forget skills like Combat Driving and other misc. stuff. With your high stats, having those skills at 13- to 14- is pretty good.

As far as disadvantages go, it would be similar to anyone else. Perhaps put in a Code of Honor and some personality quirks and you'll be fine. There are several examples in the main rule book, you'd be well served by them.

thanks for the help, im trying to get the most out of these piont, he is giveing me 10 piont brevet. so my total is 150 pionts. ? what will the Professional Skill: Navy SEAL 17- (thus, all the information from that organization is covered in one fell swoop). cover. would i still have to take stealth and parachuting or would all that be under professional navy seal. thanks for all the help

thanks for the help' date=' I'm trying to get the most out of these points. He is giving me 10 point brevet. so my total is 150 points. ? what will the Professional Skill: Navy SEAL 17- (thus, all the information from that organization is covered in one fell swoop). cover. would i still have to take stealth and parachuting or would all that be under professional navy seal. thanks for all the help[/quote']

135 + 10 = 145. PS: Navy SEAL covers stuff like knowledge & etiquette. Thus it would cover things like knowing what kind of helicopter you're seeing and what a seal would do in any given situation. You would still need to take things like Stealth and Parachuting, combat skill levels, Weapon Familiarities, and all the rest. Any active skills you must purchase on their own.