Uses varied on Time Chart

BobGreenwade

It seems to me that, somewhere in one of the books, there's a rule that either allows a character to use an Attack Power (or other ability) less often than once per Phase, or reduces the amount of time it takes to recover Charges. I've come across a couple of places where this kind of thing was done using Limited Power, which by no means is wrong, but if there's a published point-by-point rule somewhere (-1/4 per step down the Time Chart, -1 level on the Charges table per step up the Time Chart, or whatever) I'd really like to use that.

Re: Uses varied on Time Chart

Sounds like a job for...

Extra Time

Possibly.
Did you mean 'more often than once per phase'' date=' Bob?[/quote']No, I mean "less often than once per Phase." As in (to use as an example the specific build that prompted this question) an attack that can only be used once per Hour, because that's how long it takes for the energy to return.

Do you mean faster than 5 points per Turn?

Sure! Why not 5 points per phase? 5 points per turn is frankly almost all of any reasonable combat duration.

For transforms, something that will turn your opponant into a Frog for an hour or so would be just as useful as one that would do it for a month. Why not?

Sure! Why not 5 points per phase? 5 points per turn is frankly almost all of any reasonable combat duration.

For transforms, something that will turn your opponant into a Frog for an hour or so would be just as useful as one that would do it for a month. Why not?

The only reason(s) I can think of to NOT use time increments smaller than a Turn are the additional bookkeeping related issues that it would cause. If an adjustment power now loses effect at 5 points/phase, whose phase does this occur on (the owner of the adjustment power or the character affected by the adjustment)?

I would rather encourage the use of Suppress/Succor with it's continual END cost before going to a per phase or per segment time increment Drain/Aid recovery.