dark champions with pulp hero ancestors

bubba smith

Re: dark champions with pulp hero ancestors

i know mr long doesn't like crossovers between champions and dark champion but maybe this idea will would considering the respective time eras

are any gamers playing dark champions characters that are ancestors [grandchildren] of your pulp hero characters?

No, but I had one that was born in the Pulp era and lived up to the modern and then post-apocalyptic era. =)

I heard of a guy who told his players he wanted to run an experiment and handed each player a 150 pt. pulp character, and a 250 pt. dynastic vigilante character that was a (grand)child or niece/nephew of the first. He ran three sessions with the pulp characters in 1936, then ran three sessions with the vigilantes in 1976. He then had the players make up dynastic 350 pt. supers in 2016. It seems like a lot of time and work to me, but it provided a lot of history and background for the characters and lots of hooks for the GM.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first developed my Champions campaign back in 1982 I came up with a hero/vigilante/monsterhunter named Shadow Spawn (Yeah, I think I ripped off the Thieves World character name...). His grandfather was a vigilante/mysteryman in 1936 fighting Nazis and evil robots. He led a group of heroes called MASS (Mercenaries and Secret Services) that consisted of a werewolf (love interest), 12th century teenaged sorceress, an other dimensional warrior and a Kitsune.

When I rebooted my campaign a few years back I retro-conned the team as teenagers/young adults.

I had a similar character for a game called The Unremarkables. He was a reformed small-time thug, whose family had been destroyed due to something his (non-reformed) brother had done. It turned out the old man who lived in the apartment upstairs had been a pulp hero - The Grey Ghost - and offered his Ghost Ring to Joe, so he can find out who did this to his family, and maybe get revenge...