Heroes Hero?

fbdaury

Okay, this has likely been done but as I just got back online a few days ago, I probably missed it- has someone created a list for metahumans more like the ones on Heroes? Not necessarily Peter, Hiro, or Sylar, but what about like the other ones? Working on concept right now for a first such character but would like to see what you guys would create if you were writing new characters for the show.

Re: Heroes Hero?

If you're looking for Hero material, Susano's Stuff should be your first stop (Gah, I sound like it's a Discount store or something...)

If I ever get around to cleaning it up and bug fixing I have a write up Charlie Andrews (Hiro's late love) I want to post.

Dr. John Silas

Known to most of his friends as just Silas, he is one of the most powerful of the current generation of metahumans that have shared the world alongside humanity for the last 400 years at least. John is a second generation metahuman, the child of two metahumans that were drawn together with a large number of their fellows back in the seventies and eighties to engage in the last cycle of conflict that periodically arises in the meta community due to power-lust amongst some metas.

But it is not his heritage that makes John so dangerous- there are 3rd and 4th generation metahumans that are less powerful than him for a very simple reason- John is fully aware of his abilities and how to best use them, having spent studying medicine, psychology, and metahuman powers in search of the link between the subconscious mind and how it affects the powers that a metahuman develops. John spent years developing a method, by means of hypnosis and biofeedback, to help metahumans develop their abilities to a greater extent than the otherwise could. It was a revolutionary breakthrough that garnered him a great deal of attention and respect in the metahuman community and led to him being employed at the metahuman detention facility known only as Jericho, working to analyze and treat those metahumans who, due to their abilities or just their inherent nature, became a menace both to humanity as a whole and the community in particular.

It was during one such therapy session that John’s abilities manifested. He was counselling a metahuman whose inability to feel any physical sensations through his indestructible skin had led to him becoming first alienated from humanity and, eventually, psychotic as he let vent his anger at all those around him able to feel all the sensations that he never could. John had relaxed his guard around his patient, as the man had started to show some responsiveness to his treatment and was beginning to interact with others on a basic level- a vast emotional breakthrough. Unfortunately for John, he suffered a relapse and went into a berserk rage, ripping his straightjacket to shreds and throwing John across the room. As the maniac approached him, John was overcome with a combination of panic and anger that caused an overwhelming adrenaline surge that caused him to manifest superhuman strength that he was forced to use to defend himself. In the end, John did the only thing that would insure his survival- he used his superhuman strength to snap his patient’s neck, which he had already determined to be a method of injury that the man’s indestructible skin would not protect him from. The man is now the world’s only indestructible quadriplegic.

Like many in the meta community, John initially believed his powers to be limited to the temporary enhancement of his physical abilities, but he soon discovered through self experimentation with his powers that his abilities were much more than that- he was able to modify his body in a myriad of ways, though he soon realized that he was not able to transform himself into inorganic materials, nor could he gain more than 100% of his body mass or shed more than 40% of it. He has kept the extent of his abilities secret, as the current generation of metahumans seem to be heading towards their own cycle of conflict and he feels that he may need to have some aces close to his vest to play, just in case some sort of metahuman war breaks out.

Stats coming this weekend after I get him fully worked out on paper...