Dark Matter Rising

Starwolf

Re: Dark Matter Rising

On Terrie's behalf:

Kayla Brady is a true prodigy, educated at MIT, she speaks three languages fleuntly and understands most others, and has travelled the world extensivley. She has acted as a consultant for NASA, The NSA, the FBI, INTERPOL, Scotland Yard, The SETI Project, and the United Nations. She has particpated in several expeditions on behalf of both the Science Channel and the History Channel. Think of a cross between Indiana Jones, McGuyver, and Gill Grissom... :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, the game play is chat based.

Both Map Tool (put out by RolePlay Tools) and OpenRPG have map functions, die rollers and the ability to create a form of character sheet within the game.

ORPG is no longer supported/developed. But the last version is stable despite its use of Python. It uses Character Nodes for the sheets, which can scripts for rolling dice, I developed a Hero Designer Export Template for use with the program that is serviceable. The main advantage ORPG has is the ability to send multiple Private Messages to players and GM.

MapTool is still being developed, comes with many more interesting features, and a more advanced Hero die roller. The Character Sheets are built into Tokens, which are on-line miniatures for your character. There are two separate ways of programming buttons to execute script commands. The advantage to MapTool is that it's Java based and has more useful features.

Both use a proxy server to connect clients (players) to the host (GM). Or you can direct connect to the GMs machine if you want.

Being a chat based game you lose the advantage of vocal inflection, but gain the advantage of not missing anything as no one's "voice" is lost if everyone types/talks at once.

We get together once a week, Thursday nights. It helps that most of us are in the same time zone. The original coordination was done through the Hero Boards. After that we just log onto the host server at game time.

If any changes are made they're either posted here or through email.

Bummer...I have my son every other Thursday night; otherwise I'd love to get in on this action if there were room for one more.
Bah' date=' play the recurring support character. Sort of like Ruby or Bobby from [i']Supernatural[/i]. Integral to the plot sometimes, but not necessary.

EDIT: And hanging with the little ones is cool too. :)

Shrike, if you would not mind me running your character as an NPC occasionally during your absence (if the story supports it he would just be busy doing somthing else most of time you aren't there), I can handle one more player. That way you could join us on your free Thursdays if you like. Nolgroth is our other, and more full time GM, and it sounds like he is OK with this as well.

If you are interested I would need you to download the HDR linked above and create a character, then send me the HDC file and either a PNG or JPG of what your character looks like. The art work is needed to create your token (the online miniature that GA mentioned). If you don't have artwork, give a good text description and I can create an Image for you. My e-mail is pmbruner@comcast.net

:D

Starwolf' date=' I sent you and email on Bobby Joe's wish list.[/quote']

I got it :D

I will tweak your token before game time to load the items...

Can you send me a copy of your HDC from hero designer. I got your character but it was the HTML export, and the HDC lends itself better to formatting for my new website.

I am rebuilding my website with a new URL. I dinked around too long and lost corsairslair.com. And once it expired they wanted me to pay an $80.00 fee in addition to the normal registration fee to get it back and renew for another year. My normal annual fee is $10.00, so there was no way I was going to fork over an 800% penalty :mad:

Instead I bought tritoncorsair.com, it will have a new look and I hope a better feel, with more content. And I hope to be energetic enough to update it more often than my old site.

We meet from 7 to 11 MST. We just went off of Daylight Savings, but I think PST is one hour behind us, so figure 6 to 10 PST. Nolgroth can confirm this, he is one of those west coast liberals :D

We will be skipping the week of Thanksgiving. Also, Nolgroth and I have worked out a rotation where we swap GMing/games between story arcs. He is due to pick up his game possibly sometime in early December. I beleive he is going to run the Gemini Ascendant campaign when we start that one up. it is an epic space opera using Star Hero. Swapping back and forth between story arcs will hopefully give both of us a chance to play and some breathing room to work on the details of the next story arc for our respective campaigns. The details and history of the Gemini Ascendant campaign can be found in the Star Hero forums...

Sorry again guys... :(

Once in a while I get these really intense migraines, nausea, blurred vision, intense pain, not very pleasant. I am feeling a bit better now, but for a while there I just wanted to be put out of my misery.

I am ready for this coming Thursday...

I have not heard anything further from KillerShrike, but if I do he might be joining our group.

I kinda figured that the cancel message was cause for departure for greener pastures. It was an idea and a thought to offset the games I have had to cancel lately. No problems. Actually worked out rather nicely getting to hang out and watch episodes of NCIS and Destroyed in 30 Seconds with my kids. Later I got to catch up on Dexter so it was not a bad night for me. :)