Package Submission

Killer Shrike

I'm taking submissions for Packages for Fantasy HERO for inclusion on the High Fantasy HERO site.

Race Packages

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/HighFantasyHERO/racePackages.aspx

and Profession Packages

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/Content/PackageDeals/professionPackage.aspx

You will be credited for your submission. I will never publish your material in any other venue than the website, and no profit or revenue will ever be generated from it. You retain your rights to it, and can direct me to pull your material offline at any time and I will comply in a reasonable timespan.

Some guidelines:

* Try to follow the general format of the Packages already up; this makes it easier for me to include your work in a timely fashion

* Label each line item ability with a friendly and flavorful name...i.e.

Mighty: +5 STR

vs

+5 STR

* Include at least a paragraph of description. Avoid any direct references to your setting, but indirect / flavor references are ok...i.e.

"The Knights of Foo are the greatest Knights in all of Barraria, founded in common year 2342 of the Third Wahthahel Dynasty of Agerfon, a distinction they share with the Longpikes of Retexe in the neighboring lands of Goobork..."

is probably too specific, while

"Knights of Foo are a powerful order dedicated to preserving a long tradition and legacy of service in defense of a dynastic monarchy..."

gets the point across, but is very easily adapted to some other setting.

* Please don't use overly graphic language

* Don't use copyrighted material

* Do your best to make sure the MATH is right, though honest mistakes are bound to happen.

* Try not to reproduce already existing Packages in part or entire. If your Package is 90% the same as some other Package, just include that other Package as a line item in the second Package and add the stuff that's extra.

* Make sure to include the name you want to be credited under. I don't care if its your real name, a pseudonym, or some combination. Just be sure to clearly state it exactly as you want it to appear.

* Send the material to me at killershrike@killershrike.com for review and inclusion. You can also post it here first if you want feedback, but please email me the actual final version you want posted.

By sharing your material you are enriching the community at large, and making the site a better resource as well.

Thanks in advance for your submission...

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Package Submission

Balatro

Balatrones are professional jesters or fools who are hired by the wealthy to entertain. They must be familiar with the local nobility and maneuver easily within society knowing who to mock and when.

Cost Ability

5 Charismatic: +5 PRE

3 Orator: Oratory 11-

3 Performer: Acting 11-

3 Personable: Conversation 11-

3 Sponsored: High Society 11-

2 KS: Jokes 11-

2 KS: Nobility 11-

2 KS: Stories 11-

2 PS: Balatro 11-

Cost Option

3 Impersonation: Mimicry 11-

3 Pratfalls: Acrobatics 11-

3 Ventriloquist: Ventriloquism 11-

Cost Special Ability

4 Cutting Remark: Ego Attack 1d6 (10 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

16 Induce Riotous Laughter: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1), Area Of Effect (8" Radius; +1 1/4) (65 Active Points); Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Requires A Balatro Roll (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)

Swindler

Swindler

Swindlers are thieves who use charm to defraud a victim. They can work low value targets in the street or set up complex high value targets.

Cost Ability

5 Charismatic: +5 PRE

3 Deceptive: Acting 12-

3 Personable: Conversation 12-

3 Persuasive: Persuasion 12-

3 Socially Adept: High Society 12-

3 Socially Observant: Analyze: Disadvantages 11-

1 Student of Human Behavior: SS: Human Behavior 8-

2 KS: Scams 11-

2 PS: Swindler 11-

Cost Option

3 False Identity: Disguise 11-

3 Forger: Forgery 11-

3 Lady's Man: Seduction 12-

3 Pick Pocket: Sleight Of Hand 11-

Cost Special Ability

6 Befuddle: Mind Control 5d6 (25 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Requires A Persuasion Roll (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

3 "Look Out Behind You": +1 SPD (10 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Requires A Persuasion Roll (-1/2) [Notes: This is essentially a distraction that allows an extra action.]

Got it started...currently available off the main fantasy menu. I will go thru and thread them into the main package pages later (which is more precise and takes a bit longer).

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/Contributions/CourtFool/CourtFool.aspx

Thanks, and keep em coming.

In what format do you want the material submitted?

Plain text is ideal. The less formatting it has, the less formatting I have to remove. The basic template is:

[Name]

By [You]

[Description Blah Blah Blah]

[Optional Why They're Cool Blah Blah Blah]

Cost Ability

[RC] [Label]: [Effect]

...repeat

[subTotal] Total Cost of Abilities

Value Disadvantages

[DC] [Disadvantage | Stat Penalty | None]

...repeat

[Grand Total] Total Cost of Package