You were supposed to turn left!

quozaxx

Re: You were supposed to turn left!

I totally agree. The GM in question was and still is a good guy' date=' but I think the Players had gotten his back up somewhat in this case - meaning he was not going to back down. With 20-20 hindsight, he should have just let them win that one, then taken a ghastly revenge later.[/quote']

I disagree with both of ya's. Revenge on the players for a GM oversight is irrational. If they legitimately dodged a bullet, why punish them unless you really do intend to come across as a petty tyrant? :stupid:

I totally agree. The GM in question was and still is a good guy' date=' but I think the Players had gotten his back up somewhat in this case - meaning he was not going to back down. With 20-20 hindsight, he should have just let them win that one, then taken a ghastly revenge later.[/quote']

"You hear two of your attackers shouting over the gunfire:

'Man, I was sure they were going to take the other route!'

'Good thing we set up ambushes on both roads!'

What's your DCV again?"

I disagree with both of ya's. Revenge on the players for a GM oversight is irrational. If they legitimately dodged a bullet' date=' why punish them unless you really do intend to come across as a petty tyrant? :stupid:[/quote']

I was being humourous / ironic.

Generally, would only consider punishment if somebody in the group was purposely being a 'Brian' (gratuitous KODT reference).

Hunh. I always looked at 3E Neutral as more 'selfish' than 'apathetic.' But ignoring a child in distress could be argued to be an outright evil act, in my opinion anyway.

And then the next day when the kid's parents - say, a retired assassin and a high-level ex-monk - show up and find out this guy saw what happened and didn't do anything...:eek:

Of course, even if they're just 20th level Commoners, in 3E that can be pretty formidible against low to mid level parties...

He was just a street kid, probably a orphan.

The player was a bit of a whiner, always harping about how much money and magic I gave them. I didn't believe in the monty haul game where you get 200gp per ork and +5 swords to start.

Him: "But we need magic swords!!":cry:

Me: "when you need magic swords, you will have them. putting you in a situation that you can't win with what you got would be bad DM'ing on my part"

it was a high magic world, but there wasn't a MAGIC MART in every town.

All I asked was no evils characters. and no taking chaotic neutral and twisting it to evil.