What happened to ... Dr. Megaton?

Legatus

Re: What happened to ... Dr. Megaton?

Not an Explosion Advantage as such, but an "explosion" Special Effect. The visual was Dr. Megaton making a punching motion in the air in the direction of his target, then a burst of energy would leave his fist to strike the target. My rationale was that Dr. Megaton's punch would accelerate the energy in his hand, which at the end of his motion would leave his hand and continue on, transferring the kinetic energy of the punch to his target on contact.

(Yeah, the science is rubber enough to bounce. Sue me.) :P

Borrowed that idea for a new villain. But I did not use the Ranged advantage on STR, I did a more conservative write-up.

Killerwatt

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

40 STR 30 17- Lift: 6400kg; 8d6 HTH

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7 DCV: 7

30 CON 40 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

12 INT 2 11- PER Roll: 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

14 PRE 4 12- PRE Attack: 2 ½ d6

12 COM 1 11-

28 PD 20

26 ED 20

4 SPD 16 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

18 REC 8

90 END 15

60 STUN 5

Total Characteristics cost: 211

Powers

Supernuclear Punches

40 : I : +4d6 HTH damage; Penetrating (+1/2); HTH attack (-1/2)

Penetrating (+1/2) on 40 STR

72 : II : 12d6 Energy Blast; Penetrating (+1/2); Gestures : punch (-1/4)

Supernuclear Cell Structure

17 Damage Resistance : 14rPD, 20rED

7 Life Support : Safe Environments : High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat

Diminished Eating : once a week

Total Powers cost: 136

Skills

2 KS: Baseball 11-

2 CK: Boston 11-

1 Languages: Basic French

2 SS: Nuclear Physics 11-

3 SS: Supernuclear Reactions 12-

3 Electronics 11-

3 Bureaucratics 12-

3 Computer Programming 11-

2 PS: Lab worker 11-

10 +2 HTH combat skill levels

Total Skills cost: 31

Equipment

17 Helmet: High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Flash Defense vs. Sight: 5 points (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Armor: 6 rPD 6rED (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), acts 9- (-1 ½)

Total Equipment cost: 17

Total Cost: 395

Disadvantages 200+

15 Secret ID: Howard Esslinder

5 Distinctive Features: emits radioactivity

20 DNPC: old aunt (incompetent, unaware) 8-

20 Hunted: Dr. Megaton (more powerful, NCI, only watching) 14-

20 Hunted: VIPER (more powerful, NCI, mildly) 11-

15 Psychological Limitation: Totally obedient to Dr. Megaton (very common, moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Coward (common, strong)

20 Vulnerability: 2x BODY and STUN from Vibration attacks (uncommon)

20 Vulnerability: 2x BODY and STUN from disruptor attacks (uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 1 ½ x STUN from electrical attacks (common)

35 Experience

Total Disadvantage Points: 395

Background/History: Howard Esslinder’s childhood was a nightmare. His mother had died when he was only eight years old and his father was a salesman, always taking long working journeys. So he grew up with his aunt Marjorie. She was an old hag and hated the little boy, but she was the only one he had. His father didn’t come home one day from a seminar in Tijuana, Mexico. It was never revealed what had happened. Howard did not have any friends in school. He did not like to be around other kids. Although he was on the baseball team, he stayed away from any social activities. Baseball was the reason he made it to college. He got a scholarship from a small eastcoast college. But after his college days were over, he never touched a baseball again.

Howard couldn’t find any work. He was desolate. He had to pay for Marjories treatments and her nurse, but nobody would hire him. Then one day he signed up with VIPER. He worked in one of their secret labs. They payed his bills. He was assigned to work on a new project. The project leader was none other than Dr. Megaton. Howard immediately started to idolize the mad scientist and helped where he could. Even that little radiation accident didn’t seem to matter to him. But then his muscles started to grow. Weeks later Howard was monstrous. He had so much energy. And the good doctor told him what to do. Howard ran away from VIPER to serve Dr. Megaton, who didn’t like to be told what to do by the nest leader. Ever since VIPER kept a close eye on Howard and eventually send agents to capture him.

Dr. Megaton gave him the name Killerwatt and introduced him Fusion his right-hand man.

Killerwatt is bristling with supernuclear energy but that state also makes him vulnerable to any attacks that stir up his molecular structure.

Peronality/Motivation: Howard Esslinder is a coward. He’ll back away from combat if he realizes that there’s a chance to loose. His anti-social behaviour and his general indifference make it almost impossible tolike this guy. Megaton keeps him around because his powers are useful. But the fool didn’t notice.

Treat him as a sad man with powers beyond his control.

Quote: “Feel the supernuclear power of Killerwatt!”

Appearance: Killerwatt is 6’1” tall and has the athletic frame of a professional bodybuilder. He wears an orange jumsuit with black boots and black gloves and a helmet with a black visor.

Re: What happened to ... Dr. Megaton?

I KNEW I saw that name recently. Am I the only person who thought this installment was better than #2?

Don't know. It starts in Germany on January 8th.

But #2 was quite hilarious. How he got rid of that bomb, he's one heck of a driver.