What's a 2,000 year old zombie eat?

Guest Celt

Re: What's a 2,000 year old zombie eat?

See what I mean? There's nothing wrong with stockpiling body parts in the feezer. As long as you fully intend to, one day, build a creature and bring it to life. That's just science in the raw.

Any other stockpiling of body parts in your freezer is just plain nasty and you should be locked away with the psycho's and nutters.

So, I'll give the now dead owner of this particular head and brain the benefit of the doubt and say that they kept it in the spirit of scientific enquiry.

What's a 2,000 year old zombie eat?

Nothing. Zombies have Life Support: Need Not Eat

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if a zombie restored to life would be thankful - or if it would be an ungrateful undead

Brains are a sort of comfort food for Zombies' date=' a bit like potato chips are for us, the living. Not required to keep you going, but somethjing to do while watching TV I suppose... Assuming Zombies would watch TV that is.[/quote']

Potato chips aren't a comfort food for me, as I have bad gums. They are too easily lacerated. However, I understand the principle. My comfort food in anything with real vanilla in it. :thumbup:

I suppose some zombie might watch TV; that is, if their eyes still work. :snicker:

BTW, how do you know so much about zombies. :think:

:shock:

Or is the world not ready for that secret?!?

:shock:

So why do they want brains?

Of course, not needing to eat doesn't mean they don't want to eat. :snicker:

What makes you think they do?

Lucius Alexander

This palindromedary is undead, unattractive, and unhappy with me....

So why do they want brains?

Of course, not needing to eat doesn't mean they don't want to eat. :snicker:

What makes you think they do?

Lucius Alexander

In every form of the zombie story I have ever encountered, the zombies attempt to eat the living. Whether the entire body, or merely the brains, is the target, zombies eat.

If you wish to say zombies do not NEED to eat, fine. But eat they do.

Unless you are referring to a variant zombie of your own creation...

In every form of the zombie story I have ever encountered, the zombies attempt to eat the living. Whether the entire body, or merely the brains, is the target, zombies eat.

If you wish to say zombies do not NEED to eat, fine. But eat they do.

Unless you are referring to a variant zombie of your own creation...

I admit to being somewhat deficient in zombie lore.

I know that in every role playing game I'm familiar with that features zombies as monsters, they are undead and therefore unconcerned with the necesseties of life, such as breathing, eating, etc. That includes the zombies of AD&D, Runequest, TFT, early Fantasy Hero, as best as I recall.

The zombie of Haitian folklore (as opposed to the presumed reality behind the folklore, that "zombies" are people under the influence of assorted poisons or drugs) are animated corpses, so I would have thought they neither need nor desire to eat. I could be mistaken about that, I am no expert in Voudun. Certainly the druagr of Norse saga sometimes had an insatiable appetite, and the revenants of the middle ages sometimes seem to have been blood drinkers (making the distinction with vampires somewhat muddy if not nearly meaningless.) On the other hand, other stories about these corporeal walking dead don't seem to mention anything about eating or drinking.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if Lucius will ever get around to viewing Romero's famous movies, if only so he knows what most other people are thinking when they say "zombie."