expert traveler

薔薇語

Re: expert traveler

Yeah but the problem then is how well he knows an area? All on 11- for 20 points?

Agreed, it isn't the same as Universal Translator. You also have to weigh total utility (it can be bloody useful, to have a decent chance to know almost anything about almost anywhere) against cost, and then detailing. If I were to allow a 20 pt. version, it would "only knowledge commonly found in travelogues, and widely known local lore, 11-." I'm tempted to say 8-, but then it's arguable no one would buy it.

but then it's arguable no one would buy it.

Buy it, I wouldn't even rent it :nonp:. Just kidding.

UT sounds like an interesting route. I wasn't going for someone who has been everywhere and as such could conjure up knowledge on most any place. Rather, someone who has been to a fair amount and also has various cultural knowledge to suit them as well. This gets expensive when you start talking about buying 12 such knowledges (city, area, and Cult). That is why I asked if the general herodum would allow it. As a house rule we allowed you to boost up the enhancer with GM permission if you bought an 'appropriate' amount of skills through it. Or If it was view that the skills were not going to have a great impact.

(Edited in)

I ask because it will save 9pts on skills. I don't really know how useful the skills will be. I will be asking how far reaching (in a terrestrial sense) the game is when I submit the character for approval. Until then, this is mostly academic in discussion. But if the use of such Knowledges aren't going to be significantly game effecting, then I would prefer to take the point break on the. Without the point break from Expert (just the normal traveler) it is costing 27pts (all at 13 due to int).

(edited in)

Thanks everyone

La Rose

I was curious about if you would allow this. If someone buys twelve knowledges that Traveler can work on. Would you allow them to pay 6pts for an expert level that takes 2 points off instead of standard 1?

Just curious about what most of you would allow.

La Rose

Once you get to that levek Universal Traveler starts looking good, so why not?

(Me, I'd let him/her covert over with Exp anyhow...)