How to Link powers in this case

Dragon-D1

Hello Herophiles,

I've got a question that someone should have dealt with before. I am starting a new Champions campaign and I was helping a player with his character, and I am not sure how to Link his powers.

His concept is that he can call up a spiritual creature that forms around him and gives him super strength/brick abilities, he wants all of the typical Brick abilities and Growth at once and wants to have to use them all every time.

So, do I link all powers but one to the most expensive power and then link it to all the others (at -1/4 limitation each)? Do I need to link every power to every other power? Or, do I only use the Linked disadvantage once on each power and say it covers all the powers? Or, do I take it once for each power that the power is linked to (that seems like too much to me)?

Also, I thought he could also do it as a Multiform, but the concept seemed like a OIHD case to me. Plus there is another character planning on making a Metamorph and I didn't want to have anyone stepping on another character's toes

Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: How to Link powers in this case

I would strongly recommend using either OIHID or Linked but not both.

Ask yourself how different is the change this character makes between unpowered and powered forms than that of Billy Batson and Shazam!/Captain Marvel?

Here's how I made the Big Red Cheese as an example.

I would just put OIHID on every Power, and they all turn on at once. If you really think that having all the Powers active at once will be a Limitation of some nature I would either just pick a "main power" to Link everything else to, or just a blanket -1/4 "All OIHID Powers must be activated at the same time"

The likely disadvantageous power is Growth. I'd either link them all to Growth or go with OIHID' date=' with Growth being mandatory to be in HID.[/quote']

I already have all powers with OIHID' date=' I was wondering if I should link them and if so how?[/quote']

No, they should not be Linked, and being Grown is the requirement to be in HID.

The way I see it is that if I don't Link them then he could change to hero ID and decide which powers are in effect and which are not.

or just a blanket -1/4 "All OIHID Powers must be activated at the same time"
sounds good, but is -1/4 enough since Linked is -1/2 in general?

Right, i was thinking just use the above limitation but use the cost structure of the Linked limitation.

As for the powers he gains, most of them are increases to his stats, there is a Growth, some Armor, a couple Senses, and an explosion for his STR (though that one wouldn't get the limitation since he wouldn't need to use it all the time he is in HID).

So you've got this guy and he does the thing and because of that he gets the stuff. Cool! That's one of the easier questions I've gotten today. You have a few ways to do this.

First, yep, you can take OIHID and the rest of the hummina hummina so only in his 'heroic state' does he have his powers. Niffo. I would pick the most expensive power of the group, and call that the 'base,' and then link everything else to it, with the stipulation "can only be used when main power is used at full value." This puts OIHID as the requirement for the core, then Linked as the requirement for the rest of the mess.

Or.

Go with Multiform. *shrug* Saves a lot of aggravation, especially if he intends to branch out (today I'm a Bear, tomorrow a Dragon, next week, a KAIJU!)