Brink Of War

ghost-angel

Re: Brink Of War

When I picture a dragon, I see a beast as intelligent and magical as Draco from the movie Dragonheart. Able to cast spells, swallow knights whole, and burn entire villages. However I also see dragons as greedy, and more malevolent then Draco. The movie Reign of Fire shows dragons in this light. Mean, nasty, bad tempered... and they like to eat toasted humans. The whole D&D thing where a dragon can only breath 3 times or some such nonsense, is silly. How could a dragon that can only breath 3 times burn an entire village, or city. I think a single point of BODY damage from dragon fire should be enough to immolate most non-living things. Maybe give the breath an END Reserve with a hefty recovery so that one or two rounds of recovery would be enough to recharge the old oven. Like wise a Dragon's tail, claws, teeth, spells, and wings should be considerable weapons. Imagine creating a wind storm strong enough to topple most wooden structures, then the beast reaches in with a clawed talon and extracts the juicy morsels within. Finally back at its lair, it dines on fair maiden a la mode (My dragon likes ice cream after a hard day of wanton destruction :D ).

Dragons are armored with scales that ignore most weapons... swords, arrows, and spears should bounce right off. Only powerful magic or some specially crafted and very difficult to obtain weapon should even harm it. They should be immune to fire and heat of all types. I can picture my dragon bathing in a pool of laval. Perhaps such intense heat may even heal them (regeneration, only while bathing in a lava?)...

Finally dragons are greedy, they should be bribable with sufficient shiny baubles, and or offerings of village virgins (virgins are more tasty than other types of humans, sex must make them bitter or something).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starwolf pretty much nailed it on the head about dragons. Dragons can be good or evil. But If I could be a dragon I'd be white dragon . One that is neither evil or completely good either. One that as the knowledge of the ages but sees no reason to share it with others of lesser lifeforms.

I have to cancel tonight's game. Apple updates are now causing more damage than problems they resolve - Apple's Dev Team is secretly competing with Window's Dev Team to see how many different ways they can crash your computer with an update, I'm convinced.

Anyway, I will spending the next several days either rebuilding my OS or installing a new OS. No program I own stays open more than 10 minutes - including Apple Software like Safari, Mail, Dashboard and the OS itself (Kernel Panic more than twice a day means BAD).

Sorry.

I have to cancel tonight's game. Apple updates are now causing more damage than problems they resolve - Apple's Dev Team is secretly competing with Window's Dev Team to see how many different ways they can crash your computer with an update, I'm convinced.

Anyway, I will spending the next several days either rebuilding my OS or installing a new OS. No program I own stays open more than 10 minutes - including Apple Software like Safari, Mail, Dashboard and the OS itself (Kernel Panic more than twice a day means BAD).

Sorry.

Ouchies. Sorry to hear about that. I have had similar problems in the past. Don't worry. I'm cool with the cancellation. I'll just have to find something else to do. :D

Yes, Virginia, there is a Smarty Pants. ;)

I haven't had this many issues with an Apple OS since 8.6 - so the track record isn't bad... but it is unacceptable.

I'm trying to laugh about it, really. It's shades of Windows98 all over for me (Win98 proceeded to eventually eat a laptop of mine in a most horrific fashion).

Well pooh!!! I am sorry to hear about your computer problems. I sympathize. I am still not completely recovered from when my desktop crashed last winter. In an effort to have enough HDD space to keep EVERTHING backed up, I now have a combined 3 terabytes of hard drive storage. On the first of May I am adding another TB of HDD to my artwork laptop...

I hope to see you next week for the manservant skewering :D

Nol... Brad is working on updating both the core campaign file and his macros... I will then add them to my everyman and megaman tokens and sned you the resulting files. Brad says about two weeks. Once we have the standard core file and macros complete, RPMiller is working on an HD export template to add to the mix. He seems to think he can get the export template to actually write the macro code. If it works we would create a character in HD, run the export, zip the resulting xml file, then rename the zip file to filename.rptok. Finally open maptools and drag the newly created token complete with macros into the campaign. Lastly open the token in MT and edit/add your own custom token artwork. It sounds complex, but is actually the work of just a couple of minutes and a few mouse clicks/keystrokes. :D

Plus the latest release of MT is supposed to support GROUP WHISPERS... via macro code.

I am voting for the computer...

I have an old XP box I am willing to donate to the cause if you can't get things up and running. It has a tiny HDD (I think only 20gb) and only 514mb RAM, but it's free other than shipping costs. It might work until you can get your main system replaced. And I could host the server so you would only need to log in as GM to run the game without having to deal with the server overhead on the tiny machine. Just let me know if you want to go this route.

I am voting for the computer...

I have an old XP box I am willing to donate to the cause if you can't get things up and running. It has a tiny HDD (I think only 20gb) and only 514mb RAM, but it's free other than shipping costs. It might work until you can get your main system replaced. And I could host the server so you would only need to log in as GM to run the game without having to deal with the server overhead on the tiny machine. Just let me know if you want to go this route.

The amount of other work I need to get done on a fully functional computer says that's not going to help - but thanks.

And 8000$ in Software says Windows is not an option to move to on short notice.

At least RAM should not be hard to replace. But I know how you feel. I am getting downright paranoid where it comes to redundent backups. In the meantime Chaz is stuck in a perpetual kata loop awaiting the chance to carve uo some manservant...

You know somehow that just doesn't sound politically correct :ugly:

As fair warning - for some reason Java no longer properly launches on my system despite all indications that it should.

If I can't get this resolved in the next 24hr the game will be placed on indefinite hiatus while my computer goes into a slow deathspiral and I keep it functional enough to do basic things like email until I can afford a new one.

Because the machine, to all indications, is in fact dying.

Thats bad news indeed. And me stuck in mid sword swing :D

In the interim, I am going to fire up a Fantasy Hero campaign based in the Shadow World of Kulthea. I will be putting together some campaign parameters and sending them out in the next week. I will also be soliciting for a couple of new players.

I will be starting a new thread in this forum for the new campaign. And it appears that we may have the pleasure of Jim's wife Patti joining us.

When ever Nol or GA are ready and/or able I will be more than glad to re-join the ranks of the players.

Sounds fun. Honestly, every time I think my schedule is going to level out, it changes again. We have monthly meetings of the supervisory and management staff. My schedule has changed alongside these meetings so that I can fulfill whatever new obligation comes out of the meeting. I am not the only one, so I suppose we are all being equally and fairly screwed over. But at least it is a job. Could be worse. My family could be homeless.

Yeah. Sucks. :(

Tell you what, when I can have four consecutive weeks with the same schedule, then I will commit to gaming again. I don't want to commit and then renege a whole bunch of times while my new boss is learning the ropes. Heck, if I can get at least that, I'd almost be willing to run a game again. Something aside from Gemini Ascendant for the moment. Baby steps.

And now I have to plug in the huge 20" fan and put it against my case in order to cool the video card enough that I am in no fear of meltdown. Been one of those nights. See y'all soon.

Well, my machine died totally and completely. I have a new computer now. Against my will - dragged kicking and screaming into the new era.

Any planning I was doing has been completely sidetracked by reloading everything I own - twice out. Which I'm not done with the second time around here yet either.

So, carry on with the new stuff.