Inferno and the insolent stander-bys

DocMan

So, we're getting ready to start up a new Champions campaign. I'm creating an EB type character and I've chosen a fire-powered character I have dubbed Inferno. Concept keeps going back and forth between a human torch man-on-fire type character and a character who transforms into living flame.

Inferno has a firey force field (naturally) and a Damage Shield to represent that in hero id he is covered in flames. However, this means that if he tries to rescue a teammate or an insolent stander-by from certain doom (doom, doom) he will be doing killing damage on them from the damage shield.

"You burned my client!"

"I kept her from being shot!"

"She has been scarred for life, destroying her modeling career!"

"Would you rather the bullet ended her life?"

Anywho... One of the old tropes for firey heros is to turn off the flames around one or both arms so that someone or something flammable can be grabbed and moved to safety. How would you do this in game terms?

The best I've come up with so far is to re-buy his strength with Telekenesis, no range, and a side effect that the hands/arms are not covered by the FF and DS while the power is being used.

Anyone have another take?

Doc

Re: Inferno and the insolent stander-bys

Honestly it's such a common thing that as a GM I'd rule you could do it for free with a use power roll. I'm not even sure I'd make you do that much honestly. I can't think if any comic flame based heroes who don't pull that trick. So long as the majority of you is still lit you can fly and have your FF up. I think in this case a little hand waving goes a long way.

• 1 month later...