Hunting for a name ...

CrosshairCollie

A friend of mine is stumped for a name for his character, and frankly so am I, so I thought I'd ask around here. :)

The basic premise is that he's a knight from Arthurian times, though he fought on the side of Mordred and Morgana Le Fae (Fay? Fey? Whatever.), though he was decieved into thinking they were the good guys. His background got a little fuzzy here, so I'm not sure how (I'm guessing he died in an act of self-sacrifice to protect someone from the E.V.I.L. family), he wound up in Avalon.

Later, in the 'here and now', he's let out into the world to truly redeem himself (the self-sacrifice was impressive and nice, but utterly didn't count for much). He has magical armor and shield, his starts are damn-good-for-a-human, and his skills are largely Interactions (Persuasion, Oratory, etc.) From his time in Avalon, he has various 'nature/elemental powers', right now consisting of an Invisible air blast, an Explosion fire blast, Growth (Essence Of The Mountain from USPDB), a double-Knockback Water blast, and a vine-trap Entangle. He also has his sword (not a Focus, since he can just summon it), that has a regular KA attack and a 'slice through anything' Body NND Kill (can't affect iron).

Any ideas for a name for this guy? We're trying to avoid any references to 'faeries' or 'fae', to stave off obvious jokes.

My suggestion is Taliesin.

http://www.cyberphile.co.uk/~taff/taffnet/mabinogion/taliesin.html

Perhaps Arthur knighted him for services to the court.

The character you've described has some bardic skills (interaction ones). Could you persuade him to take a few musical ones too?

Even if not, there is no reason this would have to be the original Taliesin (his son, perhaps), or the legends could have got it wrong (maybe people assumed he was a bard because he was so charming), or perhaps this is the "comic" version (rather like the Marvel Comics Thor lacks quite a few of the god's identifying features, such as red hair and his temper).