What to play, what to play ...

CrosshairCollie

Considering swapping a character out in a Teen Champions game. She's fun, but a little problematic; she tends to step on toes, which is an issue from the 'design standpoint', as it were.

The other three PCs are ...

Chance, luck-powers, designated science whiz and overall geek. Parents are major technical geniuses.

Golem, rock powers, semi-brickish (via DI), laid-back former-stoner, natural sciences. Grandparents are WW2 supers.

Dynamo, electrical powers, semi-speedster ... rookie player, mostly literature for studies. Parents basically ignored him.

Trying to fit something into the team dynamic, both in terms of powers and personality. The team lacks a leader/field tactician of any sort (Vixen was the closest, but loves the spotlight too much to do it very well. Real leaders know how to delegate), as well as a true brick. Golem doesn't have quite the STR/Stun/Recovery.

Thoughts/suggestions/thrown produce?

Re: What to play, what to play ...

Well you could do what Patriot did and say your grandfather was a disgraced Black Super Soldier who was abused in his service. His powers were transfered to his grandson and the gene is there.

However, they didn't activate until he was a teenager (This is where I differentiate from the comic) and he was a stoner and a member of a gang of crooks and thugs. His powers activated around the time he took a fancy new (and expensive) drug. Thus he thinks he gets his powers from this new drug and can't activate them without taking the drug every hour or he becomes powerless.

His grandfather tells him the truth of his powers, so he decides to be a good guy. He joins this new team and leads them to glory. However, how do they deal with the fact their leader willingly takes drugs that are both illegal and bad for his health.

For powers I suggest enhanced Strangth and damage resistant (Stronger the Golem, but slightly less defense) with higher stun and healing as well as enhanced mobility, so he moves a lot faster. Some skill with dirty infighting or boxing should make up for the difference. Give him a disadvantage as a mental block that he needs the drugs. A plot line would be how his friends help him quit and he learns to use his powers without it.

Sorry, first thing that came to my head. I'll think of more when I can.

How about a robot built by Chance's parents with the mission to protect Chance from any dangers, underneath a synthetic skin (ala Terminator). However he gained sentience and developed his own personality.

However he is still very protective of Chance because of his programming (I'm sorry but is Chance a boy or a girl? Your description was quite ambiguous).

His programming includes various tactical planning and information, making him the ultimate leader.

How about a robot built by Chance's parents with the mission to protect Chance from any dangers, underneath a synthetic skin (ala Terminator). However he gained sentience and developed his own personality.

However he is still very protective of Chance because of his programming (I'm sorry but is Chance a boy or a girl? Your description was quite ambiguous).

His programming includes various tactical planning and information, making him the ultimate leader.

Chance is a guy (all the PCs except mine are).

The group could do with either some more range' date=' or a jack-of-all that can augment whichever aspect needs a boost for that fight.[/quote']

True. I was debating the telepath/telekinetic classic combo (with extra cheese).

Or trying to find some way to do a Superman clone, which is both a true brick, a flyer, and has ranged attacks. Was considering the possibility of the character having transhumanist parents who genetically engineered his powers, which can account for the power 'mishmash' as it were ... possibly by snagging the DNA of superheroes and villains and using it for splicing material. Some Bulldozer strength, Pulsar power blasts, any of a number of fliers ...

Then here's a fun idea to play, since that didn't work out.

An evil scientist (Talios, Dr Destroyer etc) discovered the destroyed corpse of one of the galaxies' greatest super criminals in a special crypt made for it a thousand years ago by a strange alien race.

Using the DNA, he combines the species with that of a little girl he had kidnapped off the streets of Bagdad (or any country really). He combines the DNA with the girl, and expected a super strong soldier for his army.

Instead he got a girl who had mismatched memories from the alien, and who in a confused state flew out the building and landed in the setting's town.

The girl has strange unusual powers. The only ones she can control are her super strength, but on occasion when she is in great fear, her flight kicks in and sends her flying to who knows where.

She has also on occasion developed odd powers, that somehow help with the situation. When she was tripped by a guy who manipulate friction, she discovered she coulld stick to walls, stopping her from tripping. However it's not always that pleasant.

Once she had such a horrible cold that she sneezed radiactive snot that blew through a wall. These powers don't stick around for very long, but they are always a surprise.

This is a teen take on the 1960s super man who kept getting strange new powers. Except it's a girl. Well enjoy.

Then here's a fun idea to play, since that didn't work out.

An evil scientist (Talios, Dr Destroyer etc) discovered the destroyed corpse of one of the galaxies' greatest super criminals in a special crypt made for it a thousand years ago by a strange alien race.

Using the DNA, he combines the species with that of a little girl he had kidnapped off the streets of Bagdad (or any country really). He combines the DNA with the girl, and expected a super strong soldier for his army.

Instead he got a girl who had mismatched memories from the alien, and who in a confused state flew out the building and landed in the setting's town.

The girl has strange unusual powers. The only ones she can control are her super strength, but on occasion when she is in great fear, her flight kicks in and sends her flying to who knows where.

She has also on occasion developed odd powers, that somehow help with the situation. When she was tripped by a guy who manipulate friction, she discovered she coulld stick to walls, stopping her from tripping. However it's not always that pleasant.

Once she had such a horrible cold that she sneezed radiactive snot that blew through a wall. These powers don't stick around for very long, but they are always a surprise.

This is a teen take on the 1960s super man who kept getting strange new powers. Except it's a girl. Well enjoy.

And a little bit like the Greatest American Hero...

That show was priceless! I may have to go get it now... assuming it has been released on DVD.

All three seasons are on DVD. In fact, I just checked out Seasons 1 and 3 from my library and have been watching them the last few days. The first two seasons have interviews with the show's creator and actors as special features. Plus, there's talk of a making a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American_Hero

Some random thoughts:

That dead guy... (zombie, vampire, ghoul, shade, ghost, what-have-you)

Wait a second! (Triggered Rolls every time this character makes a Roll. Gets a second chance at everything.)

Living Light (moves at the speed of light, zaps people by rushing through them)

The Jock. (Good at all sports. Tackles, wrestles, throws footballs at bad guys.)

Another idea percolated through my head earlier while watching cartoon intro videos on YouTube earlier ... some kind of Firestorm ripoff, with the transmutation powers. Still insanely versatile, but without the direct stepping on of toes that vixen has with two powersets that duplicate those of two of her teammates.

I was thinking something like a good-guy version of the Coyote character from Creatures of the Night 4e supplement; illusions and transformations. It'd also be kind of a switch as it'd be the first non-flying energy projector I think I've ever played.

Sorry if I missed it' date=' what were Vixen's powers like so we know what not to suggest?[/quote']

She had over a dozen individual powersets, each based off a certain special effect. Two of them were electrical and earth, which stepped on Dynamo's and Golem's toes. Other than not duplicating the powers of her teammates, anything's good. :)

She had over a dozen individual powersets' date=' each based off a certain special effect. Two of them were electrical and earth, which stepped on Dynamo's and Golem's toes. Other than not duplicating the powers of her teammates, anything's good. :)[/quote']

Ok, how about a Mimic with the Limitation "Teammate's Powers only"... JK! :doi:

Trying to fit something into the team dynamic' date=' both in terms of powers and personality. The team lacks a leader/field tactician of any sort (Vixen was the closest, but loves the spotlight too much to do it very well. Real leaders know how to delegate), as well as a true brick. Golem doesn't have quite the STR/Stun/Recovery.[/quote']

True. I was debating the telepath/telekinetic classic combo (with extra cheese).

Or trying to find some way to do a Superman clone, which is both a true brick, a flyer, and has ranged attacks. Was considering the possibility of the character having transhumanist parents who genetically engineered his powers, which can account for the power 'mishmash' as it were ... possibly by snagging the DNA of superheroes and villains and using it for splicing material. Some Bulldozer strength, Pulsar power blasts, any of a number of fliers ...

How about combining the two and doing a TK Brick? TK Bricks tend to be a little more versatile than standard Bricks as they often can Fly, have some ranged powers, ect.

Another idea percolated through my head earlier while watching cartoon intro videos on YouTube earlier ... some kind of Firestorm ripoff, with the transmutation powers. Still insanely versatile, but without the direct stepping on of toes that vixen has with two powersets that duplicate those of two of her teammates.

I was thinking something like a good-guy version of the Coyote character from Creatures of the Night 4e supplement; illusions and transformations. It'd also be kind of a switch as it'd be the first non-flying energy projector I think I've ever played.

Ok, this is crazy talk but I am going to try and roll all of your ideas into one, especially because I love Bricks.

How about a character that can read minds (Telepathy) and can then transform into things from the target's memories (Shapeshift, Limited Class: Humanoids). This may be a little dark, but the character's combat form could be someone's "worst nightmare" (STR and Defenses, Linked to Shapeshift). I would also include a small VPP to cover other abilities the nightmare form might have, such as wings, claws, ect. Name suggestions inlcude; Nightmare, Morpheus, Mindscape, Dreamscape, and Doppleganger.

Out of combat, the character would be the ultimate spy able to read a person's mind and then Shapeshift (Imitation Adder plus the Acting Skill) into someone they know.

Also, when people ask you what kind of character you are playing you can use cool words like "Psychomorph". :thumbup: