Google maps... with nukes!

Jomster

In case you haven't seen it, this nice site allows you to select various size of nuke (from 15kt to full-on big asteroid equivalent) and target it on your town of choice.... http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

But here's the nice bit... it's on google maps so you can zoom in and out to your heart's content! :D

Could be quite handy for your Dark Champions game.

Thanks to Hafwit from the rpgmp3 forums for this little gem!

Re: Google maps... with nukes!

thats cool, if grim, almost makes me want to ressurect a Morrow Project campaign, they had a list of targets and random warheads you could liberally gift your favorite town with

I dropped the first one on Lake Geneva based on a rough location of the TSR office.

25 megaton airburst should have done the job nicely

Yep, it all gets a bit serious when you bring nukes into a game. Hopefully though the PCs will manage to stop them going off somehow!

There is another problem with them... once you've introduced bad guys with nukes where do you go next to up the ante? Didn't "24" have a problem with that... I think the season after "the one with a nuke" had biochemical weapons or something and I remember thinking "ho hum" for that very reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the old 15kt "Little Boy", one of the very first nuclear weapons. It's a pop-cap compared to what else is on the menu, but nevertheless its effect on a target area would be quite devestating. After seeing what would happen if one of those were dropped on my old high school, my jaw dropped. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I like this version a lot better.

Especially in conjunction with a crater calculator.:D

:) With all that detail on PSI and what kind of structure is blown away at different distances that's just asking for some accurate Hero System modelling isn't it?

The link to the Princeton material from 1977 telling you "everything you wanted to know about nuclear explosions" (here ) is oddly fascinating too... Being a period document, a page of this might actually make for quite a good gaming prop... it would certainly freak out the PCs! :D