When your superhero group became powerful enough to rule the world?

zornwil

Re: When your superhero group became powerful enough to rule the world?

Badger-would begin fighting his teammates, actually. He has absolutely no interest in power (well physical power, yes, but not the power to rule ;) ). And if they decided to start up a dictatorship (benevolent or not) would probably be part of a resistance. For 2 reasons, to free the people of this new tyranny, of course. But, primarily, he no longer can imagine living without constant battle. :(

Frosty Bob- who cares as long as the booze and women keep coming. (and occasional gun battles) ;)

Heh' date=' it's a lot harder to phrase challenges on the accounting or other knowledge areas to 2 200+ INT characters! :)[/quote']

How the heck did they get 200+ anyway?

I am just wondering. I cant really think of any character in comics or other similar mediums that I can think would warrant even 100, is all.

I am just wondering. I cant really think of any character in comics or other similar mediums that I can think would warrant even 100, is all.

Before, Zorn responds, I'll interject that not all groups see the scale of power the same way. His 250 INT might accomplish what I let my players 50 INT character do. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Hawksmoor

-Eye of Beholder good in soups!

In the close, but not quite the same catagory...

I was running a group once, who had done a favor for a bunch of cosmic-level entities. One of these beings, The Builder, asked the group if there was something he could build for them as a sort of payment/reward. I figured they would ask for a cool new upgraded base, or something like that.

What they asked for was a domed duplicate of the city of Madison,WI built for them on the moon with appropriate Life Support systems to mimic a pleasant day for humans all the time. The builder didn't mind and got to work. The next day they had an exact duplate of the Greater Madison Area under a super-dense dome on the moon.

Luckily, they also had access to some teloportation tech that could get them there and back, as needed. Shortly thereafter, they declared themselves sovereigns of the moon and even started interviewing for worthy people to become citizens of their "Moon Madison", as they called it.

Needless to say, this took the campaign in a very new direction from where I had planned to go with it. But, as a GM who likes to give the PCs a lot of rope, I run with it.

As the Hawk God says, it's relative. Essentially, two players had brainiac characters to start and they engaged in an INT war. In-game it could be said to be the two intellects feeding off of each other. It's made for interesting ideas/storeis. I pretty rarely put limits on characters; when players want to put so many points into INT, it's also hard to complain as the effectiveness is, er, limited one could say compared to putting those points into STR, especially given the point of marginal returns on skill rolls happens at fairly low points relatively. But it opens up some expansive possibilities of things to do/know, and some penalties can be big but possible in that light.

In the close, but not quite the same catagory...

I was running a group once, who had done a favor for a bunch of cosmic-level entities. One of these beings, The Builder, asked the group if there was something he could build for them as a sort of payment/reward. I figured they would ask for a cool new upgraded base, or something like that.

What they asked for was a domed duplicate of the city of Madison,WI built for them on the moon with appropriate Life Support systems to mimic a pleasant day for humans all the time. The builder didn't mind and got to work. The next day they had an exact duplate of the Greater Madison Area under a super-dense dome on the moon.

Luckily, they also had access to some teloportation tech that could get them there and back, as needed. Shortly thereafter, they declared themselves sovereigns of the moon and even started interviewing for worthy people to become citizens of their "Moon Madison", as they called it.

Needless to say, this took the campaign in a very new direction from where I had planned to go with it. But, as a GM who likes to give the PCs a lot of rope, I run with it.

That's really neat.

Yeah' date=' I hate giving the wrong signals and/or not reading the signals correctly. I accidentally did that to Lamrok in a game, improperly communicating the tone I was looking for and compounding that by somewhat misunderstanding his character. Although fortunately it wasn't intended as long-running but rather as a lmiited run thing to both test M&M and run a different sort of supers game than we had been running.[/quote']

I don't think that character derail was at all your fault. Sometimes new characters just get off to bad starts. When you're playing a character that's been around for a couple of years, and things get a bit dicey, a sense of perspective generally keeps things on track. When everyone is playing brand new characters, things can fly off the tracks easily.

I don't think that character derail was at all your fault. Sometimes new characters just get off to bad starts. When you're playing a character that's been around for a couple of years' date=' and things get a bit dicey, a sense of perspective generally keeps things on track. When everyone is playing brand new characters, things can fly off the tracks easily.[/quote']

Thx - and not that I'm so concerned, as you say it's one of those things, but I still think I could have looked more carefully. But no big thing.

That's a mark of a good GM, as long as you don't "make sure they hang themselves with it." Consequences of PC actions are appropriate and necessary, as long as they follow reasonably from the PCs actions as appropriate to the setting/genre/tone of the game, but setting out to intentionally "hang" the PCs goes beyond reasonable consequences.

As the Hawk God says' date=' it's relative. Essentially, two players had brainiac characters to start and they engaged in an INT war. In-game it could be said to be the two intellects feeding off of each other. It's made for interesting ideas/storeis. I pretty rarely put limits on characters; when players want to put so many points into INT, it's also hard to complain as the effectiveness is, er, limited one could say compared to putting those points into STR, especially given the point of marginal returns on skill rolls happens at fairly low points relatively. But it opens up some expansive possibilities of things to do/know, and some penalties can be big but possible in that light.[/quote']

I am suddenly reminded of Doc Smith's Skylark series, with the ongoing intellectual rivalry between Richard Seaton and Marc DuQuesne.

That's a mark of a good GM' date=' as long as you don't "make sure they hang themselves with it." Consequences of PC actions are appropriate and necessary, as long as they follow reasonably from the PCs actions as appropriate to the setting/genre/tone of the game, but setting out to intentionally "hang" the PCs goes beyond reasonable consequences.[/quote']

I don't use the rope for "hangin'" purposes. In fact I do like to reward unorthidox ideas in the game. My plots are usually writen in rough drafts, anyway. No plot trains in my games. I've found that the harder you try to herd a group through a plot, the harder the buck and try to bolt. I tend to use the rope as a reign so I can hold on and enjoy the ride.;)