Increasing NCM?

Haven Walkur

Re: Increasing NCM?

All movement powers do have X2 noncombat movement for free. The listed rate is the combat movement rate. You multiply that by 2 to find the noncombat rate. You can then buy increased multiples of 2 for 5 points each in most cases. That's an off-the-cuff answer as I don't have books nearby to look up the exact point structure of every power.

Combat movement allows you to keep your full OCV, while noncombat movement makes it very hard to hit things. Your turn mode in small spaces can be problematic with noncombat rates too. One of the true mavens will correct me if I left anything out. Good luck!!

Swimming can be purchased as a "power" and under the rules can have a x2 MCM for 5 points. You can also MEGASCALE your swimming if you want. I did it at the lowest level to model the ability of JLA-god Aquaman to leap from the bottom of the ocean to the surface in a single phase!

Ah..Mako...good times...

Swimming can be purchased as a "power" and under the rules can have a x2 MCM for 5 points. You can also MEGASCALE your swimming if you want. I did it at the lowest level to model the ability of JLA-god Aquaman to leap from the bottom of the ocean to the surface in a single phase!

Ah..Mako...good times...

Correction: x4 NCM for 5 Points.

Everyone has x2 NCM on any Movement Power they have for free. Including Swimming.

One reminder about Non-Combat Movement...it's slow.

Not slow in the sense of total inches moved, but slow in terms of acceleration. If you have 5" of combat movement, and a x32 NCM, it will take you 32 phases to reach the maximum speed of 160". For a SPD 5 character, that's over a minute to reach your top speed.

A way to reduce this is to purchase an advantage on the power like Rapid Noncombat Movement (+1/4), which allows you to reach full noncombat velocity in a number of phases equal to the number of doublings. So, for example, the person with 5" of movement and x32 NCM would accelerate to 10" after 1 phase, then 20", then 40", then 80", and finally to the full speed of 160" in 5 phases.