PA: Wasteland HERO Reboot

Labrat

I'm gearing up for Wasteland Hero: Blitz into Oblivion (name still pending). I thought I'd post some ideas here as they come to me.

For instance: I want to make Humans carriers of a dreadful disease. There are certain city dwellers that would suffer from this exposure but the Wasteland dwellers are all immune. At first I thought to make it as a power structure (Transform, etc) but then I thought about just making a Physical Limitation: Highly Infectious to Dome-Dwellers with the disease being some special effect. Then I thought about writing up the disease as it's own 'Character'.

Thoughts?

Re: PA: Wasteland HERO Reboot

Well would the players actually be able to physically (or psionically) fight the disease? If not then the disease is more of setting element and "storyline generator." I'd leave it without stats or any sort of build. Even as a disadvantage it is a bit of iffy situation since all humans carry the disease then it's not really a disadvantage, just the setting norm. Instead maybe make everyone have it, and if they want to be immune then you have to pay points for the correct level of Life Support, maybe as part of a Wastelander package player can take at Char. gen.

Dude. What are you doing? Starting this back up and NOT telling me??!! I don't think so.

As for the disease, the Transform works IMO. It could give the disad as well.

Now I am off to find Cale.

Don't worry, you're on the short list to be sure. It's still quite a bit off.

Mallet: Yeah, my thinking with the Phys Lim was to keep the element in the game without statting it out. As it is, the Dome Dweller status will be highly coveted and thus interaction with a Dome Dweller would be a goal worth setting, but that would be detrimental in a face-to-face encounter thereby giving the PCs something to work towards (a cure, a way to establish a quarantined section of the city, etc.) so it's a bit more than a plot device.

I was thinking that if I made the Plague it's own 'character' then it could be defeated in due course with the right amount of work... and that would be a major arc of the story line. Of course I could pull this off without statting out the Plague, but hey it's Hero and it's crunch-worthy...

I hope that makes sense.

if one group are known to be carriers(typhoid Mary)

there will be a lot of discrimination or even hostile hatred for outsiders

cities will be walled

outsiders shot on sight

how well is disease transmission known

if one group are known to be carriers(typhoid Mary)

there will be a lot of discrimination or even hostile hatred for outsiders

cities will be walled

outsiders shot on sight

how well is disease transmission known

You got it. That's exactly how it's planned out to be. So, yes, there is a Soc Lim: Scavenger/Outsider/Wasteland Crawler that's in all PC Package Deals. Dome Dweller paranoia will be rather high as well, but no PCs will be able to come from the Dome (well not as planned anyway). I'm sure that I'll fit in the 'golden genome' where a Dome Dweller eventually has the immunity but that has yet to be worked out and I'd rather keep that in my pocket for now.

if you want to use the plague

look for a copy of the Hero almanac #1

it is stated out in 4th ed terms but with a bit of work you could fit it into fifth ed

The Almanac is probably one of the only 4ED books that I never owned. Any way of transferring the stats without ticking off the copyright? If not, could you maybe provide just the gist of how it was done?

I have yet to get it down on paper but I was thinking of using Transform Healthy Human to Infectious. The more that I think about it the more I am thinking that the Pox will keep the infected bed-ridden, more or less a Mega Entangle Based on CON... but then I also thought about the Rage from 28 Days/Weeks Later (i.e. a permanent Berzerker Talent modified from Fantasy Hero) and got a nice evil grin over that one... eventually the Entangle will probably win.