Ogrecave 6E interview

Re: Ogrecave 6E interview

If I understand you correctly:

Two Presence Skill Levels with 'Only When Appearance Matters' and 'Activation Roll' does everything you want positive Comeliness to do. (And costs a lot less.)

Presence with 'Only for Fear Based Presence Attacks' does everything you want negative Comeliness to do.

Do I understand you correctly?

I'll direct you to my previous post and remind you that a complimentary roll is not close to the same as an activation roll when it comes to range of results.

Well, as is COM is elegant; It has a varying effect on some PRE based rolls but isn't always reliable and doesn't require the GM to decide what "type" of attractive that secretary responds to. My Blond Haired Blue Eyed high COM hero rolled poorly on the complimentary skill check guess that's not her thing...; Attractiveness as an advantage/talent ala GURPs was always just a bit too reliable for my taste.

So shifting away from that may be seen as an adoption of the fixed and clunky over the elegant in the overall design of the system - Hero System version of the Nasdaq.

Either way it's not going to stop me from picking up the new books - I'm too interested in how the whole cloth is going to turn out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ogrecave 6E interview

Aaaaand we're done. This debate took up about 100 pages of the 6E Characteristics thread, and something like 20 of the Talents thread, with the same arguments being repeated over, and over, and over. Before it can waste even more time, I'm drawing this to a close.