Kong needs boots?

Guest Celt

Re: Kong needs boots?

Yeah, a pair of boots made from the skin of a (probably) mythical snake for a (definitely) mythical giant ape. Why not? :)

I keep coming back to the pic of the extinct 43-foot snake. I would be so cool to run into that thing in a pulp campaign, especially if it went for the hawt female member of the expedition.

I've always wanted to run a cryptozoological campaign. You know, hunters and scientists running around the globe chasing after monsters. It would be pulpy, but probably set in some variation of the modern world. Some cryptos turn out to be real, others may be fake but get the characters mixed up in other adventures, and some are real but not what the characters expected. Giant snake in Borneo sounds like a fun scenario to play with.

Mendalla

Does anybody ever wonder about how all these monsters there only seems to be one of actually came into existance? I mean' date=' if there's only one, how did it get born, etc?[/quote']

Created ex nihilo by God to punish scientists for their arrogance :D?

DavidV

Does anybody ever wonder about how all these monsters there only seems to be one of actually came into existance? I mean' date=' if there's only one, how did it get born, etc?[/quote']

Well, there's always the long slow shot at the end of the film showing the clutch of creature X that the heroes missed ... follwed by the ubiquitous "The End?"

I've always wanted to run a cryptozoological campaign. You know, hunters and scientists running around the globe chasing after monsters. It would be pulpy, but probably set in some variation of the modern world. Some cryptos turn out to be real, others may be fake but get the characters mixed up in other adventures, and some are real but not what the characters expected. Giant snake in Borneo sounds like a fun scenario to play with.

Mendalla

The Asian Bestiaries are loaded with cryptozoological creatures.

Mendalla

I've been tempted to run an "In Search of..." campaign along those very lines. Where the group are the 2nd unit team for a television show about the unexplained. So they would travel around the world and shoot the background footage, conduct interviews, do research, and have adventures; While the 1st unit stayed back in California with Brent Spiner shooting the wrap-around.

Guest Celt

I ran a cryptozoological campagin a few years back...It was quiet fun.

On another note, I've had nothing else to do, so:

th_TheBorneoMonster.png

Awesome! :thumbup: "I hate snakes, Jock! I hate 'em!"