Dextracardial

Re: Dextracardial

Perhaps some version of the automaton rules? I mean slightly moving internal organs is possibly a bit de minimis, but I can see it being taken further - radical redesign, smaller target spots, back up organs, undifferentiated tissue...right up to 'no hit locations' (10 points).

I was going to suggest a variation on this, before Sean beat me to it.

No Hit Locations (10 Active Points); Only for Attacks That Hit "Vitals" or Targeted Against the Heart (-1), Activation 11- (-1). Total cost: 3 points.

Very little. The idea that the heart sits on the left or right of the chest is an urban legend. The heart sits right smack dab in the middle of your ribcage and pokes slightly to one side or the other because:

a) people are not symetrical and

B) the heart itself is assymetical and can vary quite dramatically in size (as can the lungs, affecting the heart's location).

I thought the myth came from the fact that you can feel your heartbeat more on the left side, because of the placement of the aorta or the pulmonary artery or something...

It's the tip of the heart -- you can feel it just to the left of your sternum, just above where the last ribs loin it. There's the Forty Degree Rule -- place your fist in the middle of your chest. Tilt the fist sideways forty degrees, tilt it backwards forty degrees, and tilt it to the side forty degrees. That's about your heart's position, but inside your chest of course.

I detect a plot device germinating. Something about vampires with cast iron stoves strapped on. Yeah. Why don't they wear lead-lined suits to go around without being affected by solar radiation too? It's not like the weight or a lack of breathing apparatus or anything should bother them much. ;)

I think it might be the attention factor. As vain as vampires might become, there's still a certain element of shyness. Heh heh.