Technopath, need help with ideas

TheDux

Campaign Setting: 2009, Alternate Earth, 75% our Earth. Fantasy Races, Alien Races, Small Superhuman Activity, Super Science Acceptable.

Special Rule: Take a D&D 3.5 core class and convert it into this HERO setting. It must fit the "role" rather than special abilities. Also split points fairly evenly between combat and noncombat abilities.

Cracky: Crandall "Cracky" Jacobs built his first computer, fixed a broken television, and reprogrammed his parents' cell phones to get free service all before he was able to read. At age five his father helped him restore a 1957 Ford Phoenix, now outfitted with . His natural aptitude for technology only grew when he reach high school and found himself speaking with computer and controlling them telepathically. Soon he was downloading files into his own mind and exploring the school network and boosting everyone's grade by 1 point. Now, a graduate of MIT with numerous patents in his names, Cracky spends his days reading pirated comics, playing games, and breaking into secure networks just to leave little clever messages, all from his own mind. His patents have made him more money that he could have imagined and made #1 on Forbes' Richest Self-made Billionaire under 25. But with the recent event around the world, Cracky has been invited to join a group of misfit heroes.

So I am kicking around some ideas for my character, Cracky. The powered armor aspect is pretty strait forward (Armor, Slight enhanced STR, slight energy blast ability) but I am working on the Technopath aspect. Anyone with ideas or advice, feel free to combat.

GM has a problem with putting his campaign details on public forums but I will say that this character is based around the fact that the main villain runs a company that is dominated by technology, has robot/android/cyborg guards/workers, and such.

I sent my GM the concept and he said to treat EGO and Mental Powers as the basis of computers and technology. Mental Defense will be treated as computer security for example. He also said to take the limitation -1/2 "Only usable on electronics/computer". Also he wants "How's It Work?" and "Interface" as separate powers (one is "hardware" the other is "software"). Computer is defined as anything with a "processor".

My power ideas:

How's It Work? - Telepathy, Receive Only, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: Just by touching an electric device (TV/Computer/etc) Cracky can determine exactly how something works or if/what is making it not work.

Interface - Telepathy, No Range, Only Usable on Computers

SFX: Cracky mentally delves into computer and retrieves or adds what he is able to.

Program/Disable Device - Mind Control, Telepathic, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: Cracky telepathically programs or reprograms any electronic he come in contact with. This include manipulating computers, disabling electronically lock doors, security alarms.

Crash - Ego Attack, Autofire, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: When reprogramming fails, Cracky falls back on simply crashing the device.

Wifi - Mind Link, Group of Minds (The Internet), Megascale (Planet), Concntration (0 DCV, Completely Unaware)

SFX: Cracky's mind can connect to the internet, and while connected he can use Interface to communicate.

Computer Security - Mental Defense, Only Against Computer Attacks (virus, hacking, etc)

SFX: Cracky's unique mind acts like a cross between a human mind and a computer and as such is subject to computer attack.

Unique Mind - Mental Defense

SFX: Anyone attempting an attack on Cracky's mind will have trouble due to its unusal nature.

01001100011001010110000101110000 (Leap) - Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, MegaScale (anywhere on Earth or the Moon)

PLUS

Clairsentience (Wifi/Internet), Targeting Sense, Megascale (same), Can Only See Through Internet/Wifi Connection

Ok, so these are some of my ideas. GM has approved basic concepts. I need some more ideas so I can pick and choose which ons I like best. So anyone with an idea or comment, I would love to hear it. Keep in mind that GM has implied that noncombat abilities are going to be required as much/more than combat.

One thing I need is a way of making Cracky vulnerable to viruses and being "hacked". Physical Limitation (Human/Computer)?

Re: Technopath, need help with ideas

Machines Like Me: +10 Skill Levels with Mechanics (20 pts)

So Do Electronics: +10 Skill Levels with Electronics (20 pts)

And I know them well: +10 Skill Levels with 3 SS and KS related to stuff

I Can Fix That: Major Transform: Broken machine into working machine 2-4 D6. Possibly Extra Time if you want to make fixing a car or such an extended process.

So I am kicking around some ideas for my character, Cracky. The powered armor aspect is pretty strait forward (Armor, Slight enhanced STR, slight energy blast ability) but I am working on the Technopath aspect. Anyone with ideas or advice, feel free to combat.

GM has a problem with putting his campaign details on public forums but I will say that this character is based around the fact that the main villain runs a company that is dominated by technology, has robot/android/cyborg guards/workers, and such.

I sent my GM the concept and he said to treat EGO and Mental Powers as the basis of computers and technology. Mental Defense will be treated as computer security for example. He also said to take the limitation -1/2 "Only usable on electronics/computer". Also he wants "How's It Work?" and "Interface" as separate powers (one is "hardware" the other is "software"). Computer is defined as anything with a "processor".

My power ideas:

How's It Work? - Telepathy, Receive Only, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: Just by touching an electric device (TV/Computer/etc) Cracky can determine exactly how something works or if/what is making it not work.

Interface - Telepathy, No Range, Only Usable on Computers

SFX: Cracky mentally delves into computer and retrieves or adds what he is able to.

Program/Disable Device - Mind Control, Telepathic, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: Cracky telepathically programs or reprograms any electronic he come in contact with. This include manipulating computers, disabling electronically lock doors, security alarms.

Crash - Ego Attack, Autofire, No Range, Only Usable on Electronics

SFX: When reprogramming fails, Cracky falls back on simply crashing the device.

Wifi - Mind Link, Group of Minds (The Internet), Megascale (Planet), Concntration (0 DCV, Completely Unaware)

SFX: Cracky's mind can connect to the internet, and while connected he can use Interface to communicate.

Computer Security - Mental Defense, Only Against Computer Attacks (virus, hacking, etc)

SFX: Cracky's unique mind acts like a cross between a human mind and a computer and as such is subject to computer attack.

Unique Mind - Mental Defense

SFX: Anyone attempting an attack on Cracky's mind will have trouble due to its unusal nature.

01001100011001010110000101110000 (Leap) - Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, MegaScale (anywhere on Earth or the Moon)

PLUS

Clairsentience (Wifi/Internet), Targeting Sense, Megascale (same), Can Only See Through Internet/Wifi Connection

Ok, so these are some of my ideas. GM has approved basic concepts. I need some more ideas so I can pick and choose which ons I like best. So anyone with an idea or comment, I would love to hear it. Keep in mind that GM has implied that noncombat abilities are going to be required as much/more than combat.

One thing I need is a way of making Cracky vulnerable to viruses and being "hacked". Physical Limitation (Human/Computer)?

Yeah a Phys lim sounds right "Affected by both Cyber and Human class attacks" or something like...

Machines Like Me: +10 Skill Levels with Mechanics (20 pts)

So Do Electronics: +10 Skill Levels with Electronics (20 pts)

And I know them well: +10 Skill Levels with 3 SS and KS related to stuff

I Can Fix That: Major Transform: Broken machine into working machine 2-4 D6. Possibly Extra Time if you want to make fixing a car or such an extended process.

Tack on some PSL's vs Time (Doing things quickly) penalties and you're done.