Telekinetic Field

CptPatriot

I was thinking about building a telekinetic defensive power that would push away attacks by giving the user and the surrounding area a DCV bonus. The idea behind it is that direct attacks have to defeat the bonus to DCV directly and area of effect attacks would have to hit a DCV of 7.

Here is the power as I wrote it up, any comments?

+4 with DCV, Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1)

Re: Telekinetic Field

A few possible problems. First, even if AoE attacks need to hit a DCV of 7 instead of 3, there’s still a pretty good chance you’ll get hit by attacks of any significant size. It will hit 2 or 3 hexes away from you, but you could well be within the Area of Area of Effect.

Are you intending the AoE aspect to affect other people as well? Usable As Attack is usually only good against one target so you’ll need GM permission to have AoE allow it to affect more than one person at once. There is a way in the book to buy Usable By Others Simultaneously and buying up the number of people who it can affect and then limiting its range. Also, if your GM does allow the AoE build then you might want to add Selective so enemies fighting you in HtH range don’t get the same benefits.

Also, using adjustment powers (Aid, Drain, Suppress) to alter Defensive Powers only wields half effect. It could be argued that directly adding DCV to others should have the same limitations.

EDIT: Just remembered. Since in 5th you can’t, to my knowledge, purchase straight DCV I think you are technically buying DCV only CSLs. I think you’ll need GM permission to grant Skill Levels to other people no matter how you build it. I could be wrong though…