Campaign: Pulling The Fangs

Narf the Mouse

Three hundred years ago, the Vampire Lord Moroweln ruled the surounding area with a cold, clenched hand. Then he decided he was bored and took a little nap. Well, he stopped coming round, anyway. Now he's back and thinks he's still got it...

Pulling The Fangs,

Wednesday, 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 8)

Yahoo Messenger.

Burn them with fire. It's the only way to be sure.

Pulling The Fangs, HeroCentral

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Campaign: Pulling The Fangs

Semi-gritty, semi-realistic. I play for fun, so I'm not going for too much mucking about with details.

Yeah, pretty much. There's early firearms, complete with unreliability. Science is still mostly in the 'alchemy' stage. Your character can have anything they could reasonably come up with under those rules - If you want a flamethrower, you'll have to buy the KS and PS to build it - Or at least maintain it and a Contact to build it.

Magic is fine, although the more game-breaking stuff uses the cost chart (Uncommon and above) - Use your common sense for that.

I've only written out some setting stuff for the city itself; I'll throw out a brief if anyone is going to be from there. Stuff outside of that area can be filled in by the players, within reason.

Well, no nukes or spaceships. Naptha will have to do, I guess. :D

Thanks.

Yup, Greek Fire was nasty. Essentially the Ancient and Medieval Worlds' equiv of napalm.

There's a horrifying (and very graphic) description of the use of naphtha in David Gemmell's Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow.

Yeah I'm working on one. Sorry about the delay. The weekend was pretty crazy.

Basically I'm thinking about playing a nobleman. Probably either vampire hunter or just a ambitious guy trying to make his name through fame and glory. Sword slinger most likely, though I'm considering some magic. What I might end up doing is slightly modifying the stats on a previous character I played with about the same points, from a low fantasy game that flopped after a few weeks. I don't have the Character Creator, so would you like me to just post a brief history/overview of the character?

I'm thinking he wouldn't be from the city, though his family might know the ruler(s) of the city.

I would be cool with fighting in the city until we can start the main hunt.

Umm... I'm still interested in playing but hearing nothing from the GM recently I wasn't sure what was happening...

P.S. If you still want to let me play I do have a character Sheet ready, though the background still needs a little work, I'll post it a little later when I have access to the computer it's on...