Lines that will live in infamy

Karimarle

Way back in the good ol’ days of gaming…. We were about to start a new cyberpunk style campaign, and our GM told us about the storyline. We were undercover cops trying to infiltrate a very not-good group of terrorists. Part of the story was that the cops had a specific pistol that they carried, and to get one in the black market was very difficult, however my friend wanted one. So that was his in, He was so good he could get a cops pistol. So we get ready to play, and we are frisked before seeing the boss, the henchmen grab my friends pistol, and take it too the boss when we go in to see him. He asks, “Where did you get this gun?â€, in an angry voice. And without missing a beat my friend says laughing like he’s stupid, “I’m a cop.â€

Testosterone RolePlaying Quotes...

We kept a journal of priceless (to us) quotes, named after a running joke called the testosterone roll (indicated how good a male character's beard could grow, among other things). Here's a few of my favorites...

From an adventure where the COM 24 Elven Druid, asking for aid from the visiting queen, seduces her... "Aren't affairs of state fun?"

From the same adventure...

WF: "Are you kinky?"

CT: "No, he's a druid."

Referring to the possible level of a monk villain...

"I wouldn't speculate as to the height of his order."

During a D&D campaign, in which Ninja agents were a problem...

"Did he move like flowing mercury to envelope it, or did he catch it like a cleric?"

From a chaotic neutral gnome thief during an encounter with a possible villain, to another character.

"I'm chaotic neutral. Eat this."

From a gamma world adventure, wherein the achilles heal of the attackers was the interior of the weapons' barrel, a 6 inch hole...in theory like the hole Luke Skywalker was aiming for in Star Wars...

"Shoot for the blacks of their holes"

Talking to a first level character...

"Put on an air of several hit dice"

After a rescue of a fair maiden by the Paladin in our group...

DW: "Did you grab her nice?"

CT: "I'm a paladin -- of course I grabbed her nice!"

Needing to hide the presence of a monk character...

"Are you the level of monk where we can stick you in a portable hole and forget about you?"

From a Star Trek campaign, trying to check for disease...

"Can a medical tricorder detect virulent micro-orgasms?"

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

"A BOAT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

--During my last FH campaign, any random player. I hadn't realized that, over the course of the game, every single time the PCs were on a seagoing vessel of any sort (including a simple barge), something happened and it invariably sank. This happened like six times.

So one of the PCs must have been Groo.

I had a game where I was playing a Paladin and a friend of mine was playing a Ranger. We had found out that there was a town to the south that was being attacked by a dragon. Needing to get there quickly, we tried to get the Ranger a horse, but we did not have any money. The Ranger asked if he could borrow the horse, just to get to the town, where he and I would kill the dragon, then he would bring the horse back.

The very concerned owner, who had actually heard of us and knew that we might be able to win, said, "How do I know that you really are these people? How do you know your not just lying to me."

My friend answered "My friend's a Paladin. He won't let me lie."

Nightshade