Homebrew Villain Teams

Mr. R

The few original villain teams I had used included The Monster Syndicate ( a collection of magical and/or psychotic villains led by the undead scientist known as the Undertaker)

They were kind of based on the Astrologer and his group of villains from the Wild Cards books as well as Mr Mind's Monster Society of Evil from Shazam ! (Captain Marvel) fame.

Not really a team , but I had a bunch of freelance

villains who worked for Viper.

Another bunch was the "Zappers" , a super-powered street gang who used and pushed the addictive energy drug known as Zap (Zap also gave super-powersto it's users.).

The one I'm most proud of is the Chaos Coalition, a group of superpowered mercenaries. I designed each member to exploit the weaknesses of two PCs, but be vulnerable to one other PC. The team consisted of:

• Omega- A gadgeteer with stasis grenades to stop our teleporting martial artist;
  • Slag- A giant lava creature to counteract our ice generating powered armor PC;
  • Pulse- A being of electromagnetic energy designed to stop the hero who controlled Kinetic Energy;
  • Poltergeist- An Invisible, desolid mentalist designed to twart the team's invisible, desolid mentalist;
  • Golden Tiger- A martial artist with missile deflection/reflection to use against our archer;
  • Gary Gillman- Guy Gardner clone created to fight our Kyle Rayner clone;

At the end of the story arc, both teams faced off at the MGM grand, and the whole battle was fought on Pay-Per-View...

Probably the one I liked the best, and my players the least was the League of Black Hearted Men:

Gregory Talon (L): Evil genius with a metallic claw that replaced a hand destroyed in a battle between two paranormals when he was a young man; the experience warped him.

Dark Lensman: Sinestro like villain whose power came from a gem embedded in his forehead.

Mr. Crowley: Blaine Crowley, descendant of and heir to the magical powers of the (more or less) famous Alistair Crowley.

The Erl-King: supernatural being patterned after the creature in the Goethe poem; non-corporeal, occasionally invisible, and various unpleasant magical attacks.

Brother Assassin: name lifted from a Fred Saberhagen story, an evil martial artist loosely based on eastern warrior monks.

Kraken: a normal man transformed by Mr. Crowley's magic and the Erl-King's supernatural skills, he is immensely strong, and possesses a pair of tentacles where each arm and leg originally were (for a total of eight); he's equally at home in the water or on the land.

Spectator: A normal kid until he hit puberty and his hair fell out -- and his many, many eyes began to open. His head is covered with eyes of all different sizes, just looking at him provokes reactions ranging from nausea to confusion to fear. His eyes see all kinds of places, allowing him to answer questions most people will never ask. Sadly, his insights were a little much for his relatively normal mind, so he's a bit twitchy.

I might as well chime in.

The Genetic Warlords: A group of mutent teen street gain members.

Brainchild (posably to be renamed Proto-G...thanks Steve for taking that name): A 13 year old mentlist, who leads the team.

Drive-By: A speedster with an AK-47.

Big G: A brick with tons of KB resistance.

Looks: A beutiful teen girl runaway with an aura of inocence around her. People have a hard time hurting her because of it.

"Bruce" (AKA Bruce Leroy...I got to think up a better name): A martial arts fan with a mutant ability to copy anyone's fighting style (VVP, only for Martial Arts Abilities, and a gereric martial arts style with lots of manuvers in it).

My only creation was the Pleadies. Of course they were 7 females. Each named after a gem stone, with her own schtick.

Jade paterned after a cyber punk character i had, she was the team's combat coordinator, master of disguise, and gatherer of high tech gadgets.

Saphire a physica vampire

Ruby an energy projector, the above were sisters, the only thing that made them interesting was saphire could drain from people and feed into ruby's powers.

Amathyst an faerie mage, with some weird support spells

Diamond a Cyborg and the brick of th egroup.

Emrald The team mentalist... pretty stereotypical

Opal The real team leader.Someone the heroes have yet to meet. She's an Atlantean Sorcerer turned vampire (i took alot from marvel).

Of course unbeknownst to the heroes, the Pleadies are actually trying to prevent an ancient demons from returning to the earth, but the heroes think they are just some merenaries for hire w/ a bad rep.

Vigilante group

I have a vigilante group in my game, theyve been around for years, but went into hiding last time they were encountered a terrible roll on be-half of the team killed ther leader.

New Leader:Judicator(Shes a Judge during the day, hunting the ones that get away at night) Sniper rifle pool

Gavel: Brick with a BF hammer/w dbl KB on it(not a smart dude,but works very well with the team)

The Jury:duplicator w/12 dupes (350 point Martial artist)

The Judge: A Killer vigilante (M.arts and few gadgets)

Re: The Santa Claus Gang

Originally posted by Dynamo

For a tongue-in-cheek holiday-themed adventure I've run a few times, I use the Santa Claus Gang. There are either 7 or 8 members, depending on how deep a plot I want (see notes about Rudolph), all based on the names of Santa's reindeer. The members of the gang all grew up as orphans, and they go on a minor crime-spree robbing toy stores to deliver massive crates of gifts to orphanages across the state. They mean well and are all actually decent people (except Rudolph).

Comet - forcefield-protected flyer specializing in move-throughs.

Cupid - martial artist with a hand crossbow, bolts tipped with emotion-affecting drugs.

Donner - brick with thunder-based HtH attack.

Blitzen - electrical energy projector.

Dancer/Prancer - duplicating martial artist with loads of levels coordinating with herself.

Dasher - speedster

Vixen - superhumanly beautiful minor brick who's actually a vulpine variation on a World of Darkness werewolf.

Rudolph - very high-powered light-based energy projector. I use Rudolph to force the PCs to team up with the still conscious members of the gang when he goes berserk with power and becomes a menace to public safety. Then the players don't feel bad when Big Toys Inc. declines to press charges for PR reasons and the gang goes free.

Reminds me of a villian team my old GM, Dan Conway, sicked on us. Thay first appeared calling themselves the Raindear Raiders, on Cristmass Eve. Later, thay changed there handle to Demolition.

The Members:

Master Blaster (Rudolf): Power suit with an amazing aray of lazers. Is the leader of the team.

Lovejoy (Vixen): A female with phnonomin based mind control, only vs men.

Highstept and Lowkick (Dancer and Prancer): Mutant twins, master martial artest speclising in kicks. Also, thay suffer from the Coscigan Effect (hit one brother, harm them both).

Thoes were all the members which stood out in my mind. There are about five more members (9 total).