What's in the old Champions GM Screen?

Nato

I was wondering what was in the old Champions GM screen, besides the obvious. I saw it recently available and was wondering if it was worth paying around 20 bucks for? It says that it comes with dozens of color game pieces? Anyone seen these? If so, what exactly are they and how is the quality? Thanks.

Oh, pic attached.

Yeah, I remember these...vaugely. I bought mine a looooong time ago.

Besides the GM Screen itself, it included (IIRC) a booklet with a summary of the Powers, Advantages, and Limitations...not sure if it had ALL the character creation stuff or just those parts. I seem to remember there was a small misprint in the booklet...Tunneling was left out by mistake. I think. (As I said, it's been a while.)

Re: the full-color figures. Basically these are the cut-them-out, fold-them-into-triangles and tape-the-bottom-tabs-together type of things. Recently I seem to recall seeing something on the Web called "Cardboard Heroes" that was very reminiscent of these.

As I remember, the stand-ups were of things like cops, civilians, and so on. I don't recall if there were generic heroes or villains or not.

These are NOT them (I looked but couldn't find mine; big surprise, it's been like 8 years since I looked at them) but they are laid out much the same:

attachment.php?s=&postid=131644

The minis are front-and-back-image tent style, printed on the same type of glossy cardboard as the covers of most Hero Games books. The image quality is pretty good; if you've seen the minis in Alien Enemies, these are printed to the same standards.

The minis are a mix of official Champions characters (mostly the villains from Classic Enemies) and "generic" characters of different types, with the former being in the majority. Unfortunately I haven't seen them in a long time, so I can't tell you who was included.

As a side note for anyone who might be interested: if you find a copy of the 3rd Edition Champions GM screen (same cover as the 3E rulebook, with the flying guy, swinging guy and flaming girl), it includes the complete original Island of Dr. Destroyer adventure by George MacDonald and Steve Peterson.

OK I just dug mine up. On the GM side the screen has these tables:

pg1

Combat Maneuvers: including all standard, optional and martial maneuvers from the BBB.

pg2

Combat Modifiers:

Hit Location:

pg3

Speed Chart:

Damage Class:

Recovery Time:

Action Phase:

Unconsciousness Effect:

pg4

Skill Modifiers:

Time Chart:

Range Modifiers

Object Body:

Pages 3 and 4 are repeated on the players side as well as the front and back covers of the BBB.

I have long since lost the cardboard cutouts and map. The booklet contains a character creation summary (and it does include tunnelling). It also has a number of record sheets, including a dozen different charcter sheets, AI, base, agent and vehicle character sheets, bio sheets, combat control sheets, campaign ground rule sheets and adventure recap sheets. A number of charts are also included, but still not the Strength or Throwing Charts.

Just for reference the original GM screen had:

Complete list of all Powers, Frameworks and Skills. (Of course back then there were a lot fewer of all of these).

Strength, Falling, Throwing, Speed, Combat Maneuvers, Combat Modifiers, Knockback, Knockout, Presense Attack, Object DEF & Body, Mental Illusion, Mind Scan, Mind Control, and Telepathy charts.

The tent mini's were reprints of the old Steve Jackson ones, but not the entire set. The map was a two sided hex map, one blank and one a city block, very much like the first map from the first champions box set. I used mine all the time when I played 4th edition.

20 bucks is steep but it's out of print, originally it was 12 so.