Venomous bite

ghostwolf

I'm working up a Saurian-style race that has a venomous bite attack. The effect I want is for the venom to suppress STUN cumulatively over the course of 3 phases after the bite. I'm not sure how to set the Suppress power up to only "run" for 3 phases though. Suggestions?

Re: Venomous bite

Ok, you want the Suppress to be rolled 3 separate times over 3 Phases, but how long does the effect last? (Turn, Minute etc..). Continuing Charges with a custom Trigger might work.

An easier way to build it might be a Drain equal to the total potential STUN loss and use the Gradual Effect Limitation

it will need to be a drain as when the charges stop so does the supress

buy the drain as continous and uncontrolled

buy the up the return rate advantage to suit how long you want it to last

use charges and clips for how many total dice a bite should be(you can now empty the clip into the victim)

use the time delay limitation if you want the poison to work a bit slower

NND if needed

link in fangs if the poison needs to get in the blood stream or just use grab to simulate getting it on the skin to be absorbed

usable with limited range if you want to spit it

paralyzing spittle: Drain STUN 2d6, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0), Limited Range (10"; +1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1), NND ([standard]; poison immunity; +1) (80 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (can only follow after a grab or +1 phase to spit; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (fully sealed enviroment is proof vs this attack; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations (it is obvious that he is going to spit or bite; -1/4)

32 real cost

the 1 bite/spittle has enough poison that it will take 8 phases to be absorbed

so you have your getting worse over time

your saurians can use this bite 4 times a day with my build

you are of course can mod it to what suits your needs