Easily Forgettable

Naanomi

I have a character who has 'no established future', she is a free agent of destiny. Core to the character is invisibility to precognition and danger sense... but I wanted to expand on that idea.

I want it to be difficult for people to include me in their planning. As in, people construct an elaborate plan to stop super-hero team X but somehow always forget to include contingencies for my character. I don't want to be forgotten about on a day to day basis (people will remember my name, etc) but... me and the future just don't get along in people's minds somehow.

Invisibility to Precognition will remove the 'super planning' or 'prediction supercomputer' type plans, but how to hinder those day-to-day planning sessions? Invisibility: Tactics/Deduction? Global Mind Control? EDM: to a dimension where people didn't plan for me? I'm lost on this one... help!

Re: Easily Forgettable

This may be somewhat cumbersome, but here is an idea:

Easily Forgettable: Negative Skill Levels [-5 Deduction] (15 Act.) and Negative Skill Levels [-5 Tactics] (15 act.), (30 Act.) the base Power is No Range, Constant, Costs END, and requires an attack roll; Area of Effect (1 Hex) +½, Megascale (1 Hex = 10,000 Km [Earth]) +1¼, Reduced END (0 END) +½, Trigger (Zero Phase action to trigger, Automatically resets [Whenever a Deduction or Tactics roll is made that would directly involve her]) +¾, Total Advantages +3 (120 Active Cost); No Conscious Control -2 (40 Real Cost).

The above is what came to mind without going with a variation of Invisibility.

Change Environment: negative mod to INT Rolls (memory is based on INT rolls and Change Environment forces an initial roll to use the affected stat, 5ER 136), No Range and Self Only (see 5ER 138 for how Self Only applies to Change Environment), 0 END and Persistent (if applicable).

Sounds like a Transform to me.

Easily Forgettable: 1d6 Major Transform [Humans who know of the character and DON'T have the Psychological Limitation: Will Not Include Character in Plans (Uncommon, Total) into Humans who know of the charaters and DO have the Psychological Limitation: Will Not Include Character in Plans (Uncommon, Total), heals when the target realizes he has not included character in plans]; Reduced END (0 END, +½); BOECV (+1); Works on EGO (+¼); Area Of Effect (1 Hex, +½);Megascale (Planet; +1¼); Continuous (+1); Persistent (+½); 90 AP; Always On (-½), Limited Target (Humans who know of the character and DON'T have the Psychological Limitation: Will Not Include Character in Plans, -1); 36 RP.

This is a clear exploitation of the rules. Basicaly this thing turns eveyone who knows of the character into someone who will forget of them at the right moment. It has an AOE of the whole planet and is Always on . Other then that, since it is Always on, it will keep making attack rolls, accumulating Transform damage, on targets without the disadvantage until they succumb to the power's effect. Because of this your GM may force you to take the All of Nothing limitation, and then you would have to increase the number of dice and the cost would be prohibitive. But since the effect of the power is somewhat minor and only relatively useful ( a villain either doesn't expect to be disturbed in his plans at all or will make sure that his plan has countermeasures against all kinds of hindrance), he/she may let you use it. Maybe even a Minor Transform would have been enough, but because of the situation it is best left as a Major. The healing happens when the target realizes he has not included Character in his plans (i.e.: when character shows up and stops him, or whem someone, like character himself, tells him so), but even then he will NOT include character in his plans because the transform would still be active and affect him again, only he would probably realize his/her power.

This power is based on the Psionic Surgery (pg 238) and The Midas Touch (pg 284) examples on the Hero System Rulebook 5ed revised.

PS: note that this works on the other PCs and NPCs too, or it would be too good to be true IMO, but, if your GM lets you, apply the Selective (+¼) Advantage.

I thought about global transformations... but always wonder why I end up paying more to globally make people forget about me than to use a similar power and turn them into slaves or apples or something.

Here is a thought: the writeup for the 'simulate death' talent includes invisibility to Paramedics/Forensic Medicine... so is it reasonable to extrapolate that invisibility to deduction/tactics would work as well?

I had a player in my group do this with Cumulative Transform AOE. Then he bought some Personal Immunity UBO OAFs to give to his teammates (Forget-Me-Nots).

But I'd probably also allow Invisiblity to Sight, Hearing, and Touch; Gradual Effect.

You don't pay much since I used one dice, as it is cumulative and always on, as long as your gm lets you I think is fine, and to turn them into apples you'd need at LEAST 3d6 of effect :P

As an other option invisibility might be fine altought a bit stretched rules-wise

You need some Penetrating or NND (defense: time powers? atypical brain structure?) on that Transform, unless you want people with Power Defense to be immune. That said, if you went the NND route, you could reduce the base Transform to 1 pip, thus reducing the AP to 40 (even with both NND and Does Body), and the RP to 16. Yes, this would be an excessively cheesy construct with a different choice of Transform, but given the limited scope it may be reasonable.