Gemini Ascendant - Technical Files

ghost-angel

Starting a new thread as the other is massive, and more general. This thread is specifically for Technical Aspects - campaign Equipment, Starships and the like. A mix of Campaign Flavor and Mechanical Write-ups. As the campaign spins back up and prepares to re-engage the universe all guns ablaze under 6th Edition I will post a consitent and hopefully accurate list of available equipment, from guns to engines and onboards computers.

Basic Weaponry - This is a basic list of Laser Weapons as generally used and seen so far in the campaign. As I get time more flavorful bits will be added, if not additional write-ups.

Charrel Arms - making weapons for seven generations now, Charrel Arms is the leader in private sector security armament.

The Charrel MicroHoldout is a no frills option for those times when discretion is desires. Designed to fit the patented Charrel Hidden Holster or Charrel Fashion Holster. The MicroHoldout packs a solid punch, and comes with a hyper-compact energy cell that is good for six shots. The MicroHoldout comes in seven colors, including the new Chameleon Shift so yourr Holdout always matches your outfit.

Charrel MicroHoldout: RKA 1d6 (15 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), Beam (-1/4)

The Charrel M-55 Pistol delivers solid reliability combined with the Charrel Compact Energy Cell to deliver a solid standard sidearm with a comfortable grip. Used by law enforcement throughout Confederate Space, this the most reliable pistol you'll own. Ask about the Shoulder Holster with spare Energy Cell Pouch.

Charrel M-55 Pistol: Multipower, 37-point reserve, all slots 15 Charges (-0) (37 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), Beam (-1/4)

1) Standard Mode: RKA 2d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)

2) High Intensity Mode: RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Requires 2 Charges (-1), OAF (-1)

The Charrel J-88 is made from Tuff-Shell Composites making it one of the sturdiest battle-field rifles in use, designed to fit either left or right handed users. The Hardpack Energy Cell is especially designed to withstand the rigors of combat, from orbital drop to extraction, with ribbed a casing to deflect shrapnel and prevent breech. With three modes the J-88 is the optimum rifle for all your needs.

Optional Enhanced Targeting System available only to liscensed organizations and individuals.

Charrel J-88 Rifle: Multipower, 56-point reserve, all slots 30 Charges (+1/4) (70 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), STR Minimum 5 (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)

1) Standard Mode: RKA 3d6 (45 Active Points); OAF (-1)

2) High Intensity Mode: RKA 3d6, Requires 3 Charges (-0), Armor Piercing (+1/4) (56 Active Points); OAF (-1)

3) Autofire Mode: RKA 3d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (56 Active Points); OAF (-1)

Enhanced Targeting System: (Total: 8 Active Cost, 3 Real Cost) Accuracy: +1 with OCV All Modes (3 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout (-1/2) (Real Cost: 1) plus Nightvision (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2)

Mechanical Note: There is only enough power to use ONE of the Enhanced Targeting System options at a time, either accuracy or nightscope, hence Lockout.

Equipment Pool Notes:

MicroHoldout - 7 Resource Points

M-55 Pistol - 18 Resource Points

J-88 Rifle Civilian - 34 Resource Points

J-88 Rifle Military - 37 Resource Points

Re: Gemini Ascendant - Technical Files

Another design I came up with, little less basic, little more fun...

Double Barrelled Peacemaker: RKA 2 1/2d6, Autofire (2 shots; +1/4) (50 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OAF (-1), Beam (-1/4), STR Minimum 6 (-1/4)

RyTech Arms created this weapon based on ancient designs from Earth. The bouble barrel breach load configuration takes a specialized form of ammunition. Each barrel can take a high yield single charge energy cell. Only a few manufacturers make these charges anymore, the weapon is somewhat of a collectors item. Several human dominant planets in the system still have several places that specialize in recharging the energy cells. RyTech Arms went out of business almost 75 years ago. This was their only successful deisgn and is considered one of the most durable laser weapons made.

Dredick Armament Co.

A Zharog producer of weapons and arms throughout space, they pride themselves in creating weapons durable enough to survive in just about any situation. Zharog weapons use a slightly larger energy cell, and thus are not interchangable with Human weapons - DAC has spent many years trying to duplicate the Charrell effeciency while still keeping with thier own rugged standards for design - so far they had reduced the weight of the energy cell if not it's profile.

DAC does not produce a "holdout" .. their Rifles come in four designs depending on the users prefered look.

Mechanics: Same as the M-55 Pistol and J-88 Rifle.

Dredick line of weapons:

Model 4 Civilian Pistol

Model 4 Military Pistol

Model 9 Enforcer Pistol

Model 5 Assault Rifle

Model 7 Advanced Scouts Rifle

Differences are asthetic, the GM could assign different concealment modifiers, have people recognize ex-military types, or other in game effects for the various weapons. The damages are all the same. This is just to make the setting more interesting without giving a huge table of mostly meaningless differences to weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Tursken Arms - Government weapons contractor, Tursken Arms deals mostly in long range weapons. However they have produced a few portable weapons. A few of which have made it to the general population of the Green Belt through various smuggling rings.

The most popular is the Man-Portable Disposable Rocket Launcher. It looks like four tubes with a launche mechanism and a shoulder pad. Light, easy to use, and best of all disposable. While not reloadable, it packs the punch of a Tuskan Arms engineer small rocket, four of them. Enough punch to put down even a starship with a direct hit. Even on the black market these things are hideously expensive, which is the only way a non-military unit can get them. The non-reloadable nature of the Turskan MPDRL is another downside for the forward thinking mercenary.

Turskan Man-Portable Disposable Rocket Launcher: RKA 8d6, Area Of Effect (6m Radius Explosion; +1/4) (150 Active Points); 4 Charges which Never Recover (-3), OAF (-1), STR Minimum 8 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

(Note: I may have actually made it a little too powerful at 8D Killing, but I can't remember what the everage spaceship defences are... :P )

KRuger Arms - A modular weapons manufacturer. KRuger specializes in custom order and modular weapons that are prized by exoctic game hunters, deep space scouts, bounty hunters, and some government agencies that have "special" needs. Most of their weapon systems are a throw back to the days of slug throwers rather than energy based. Hence they are extremely reliable in settings where "energy cell" based weapons may be ineffective or not able to be recharged. Part of their accessory offering include reloading supplies and equipment for those intrepid adventurers that are so far off the beaten path they need to reload their own ammunition.

KRUger Arms MK-15 Autpistol: Effective out to 200 meters, this big bore, .50 caliber, spring loaded, gas operated, double action automatic, is a favorite of frontier scouts, large enough to discourage even a Torathian Silver Bear, and there are a full range of accesories available. The MK-15 comes supplied with one 10 round clip. Available accessories include a detachable barrel foregrip, a detachable shoulder stock that converts the Autpistol into a field carbine, a bipod that clamps to the barrel of the carbine, a detachable 9x Holographic Scope, a detachable laser range finder, a detachable silencer and flash suppressor, and a blown plastic compartmented storage case. Also available separately are spare clips, ammo pouches, form fitted gun belts with attached holsters, and reloading dies that fit our custom reloading equipment. Pistol weight loaded: 2 kg, Carbine weight with scope and silencer: 4 kg, Pistol Cost 750 tm, Full System Cost (Pistol and all Accesories): 1500 tm.

Kruger MK-15 Autopistol: RKA 3d6, Variable Advantage (+1 1/4 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; detachable accessories; +2 1/4) (146 Active Points); OAF (Pistol/Carbine; -1), STR Minimum 10 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), 10 Charges (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Limited Range (100 meters; -1/4)

Detachable Accessories include (limited group of advantages):

Detachble Butt Stock (Increases max range from 100 meters to 250 meters) +1/4

Detachable scope (increases max range from 100 meters to 250 meters, or 250 meters to 500 meters) +1/4

Detachable Silencer (invisible power efftects - no muzzle flash - sight group, or blast - hearing group) +1/2

Detachable Bipod (halves range penalties - requires one pahse to attach and set) +1/4

Note: I based the damage off of the Charrel M-55 Pistol as compared to the old game stats of Wade's Krugers compared to the blasters/lasers we had (sort of like comparing a Desert Eagle .50 to a more standard issue 9MM or .40. In the Hero Designer build it showed the base max range as 450 meters. I applied the reduced range limitation which is described as being at least 1/2 base max range and the level of the limitation is up to the GM. I imposed more than a 3/4 reduction of the base max range (from 450 meters down to 100 meters), but only gave it a -1/4 limitation as the gun can be modded with "detachable accessories" the negate the limitation and raise the gun back lightly more than the base max range (from 450 meters to 500 meters). I based the modified ranges off of RL personal firearms experience.

Not specifically looking for help, the thread was started to keep Mechanical and Setting information in one place, and uncluttered with the general campaign chatter of the other threads four million+ pages or so.

A lot of the campaign is built on top of the Terran Empire setting (which is where the first two weapons I built are modeled from), which gives us all a base-line to play from, and almost everyone in the group owns it. Which is nice since the game is played online via chat and the group has never met face to face all at once.

Though, settings are only as rich as you make them... Nolgroth is the GM and final arbiter of anything in this thread, but if I were to ask for help it would be with concepts, ideas and thoughts on things to add to the setting more than lists of guns. You'll note for the Dredick line I just made up names and noted to use other weapons stats. Nothing annoys me more than lists and lists and lists of guns that are the same except for the name. Give me a half dozen builds and then lists of manufacturers in paragraphs, not tables.

Eventually we'll need names of manufacturers for Ship parts, whole shipping yards, more arms manufacturers, maybe a few special gew-gaws to make the occasional weapon stand out (the setting could use a good sniper rifle), mercenary companies, and the like.

Maybe even the name of the occasional bar, unique merchant ship, or such. Pretty much anything Nolgroth can use as a hook should he want to. I'm less concerned with build upon build of things that Nolgroth won't directly need than I am with stuff he can use in the storyline.