American eagle III, review

Vorsch

I am wanting to run a campaign based on the resurection of the freedom squad, one of the players asked me to make him part of the plot so i decided that as American eagle retired, a new eagle has arisen from the ranks of PRIMUS silver avengers. Naming himself the Silver Eagle he sets forth to recruit members for the new squad, with the backing of primus of course, oppinions please

Silver Eagle 350pts

50 Str 40

25 Dex 45

25 Con 30

12 Bod 4

10 Int 0

20 Ego 20

20 Pre 10

20 Com 5

20 Pd 10

20 Ed 15

5 Spd 15

15 Rec 0

50 End 0

50 Stun 0

Powers

RC AP

22 45 Mp Wings OIF restrainable not in confined areas ( most buildings etc )-1

2 45 flight 15" 0 end

2 45 Flight 5" 0 end X64 NCM

2 45 Missile Deflection all Adjacent hex +7 OCV

2 45 HKA 1d6 AP 0 end + 2" stretching 0 end

2 45 RKA 2d6 AP 16 charges

20 Armour 12 Pd 12 Ed Hardened OIF Battlesuit

3 Ir vision OIF helmet

3 UV vision OIF helmet

3 Flash defence OIF helmet

3 Radio com OIF helmet

3 Life support Does not breath, 1hour OIF helmet

8 Mental defence 12 pts

skills 72

24 Martial arts Strike block dodge grab throw disarm

12 Martial levels +4

21 combat levels +4, only in flight -1/2

3 acrobatics 14<

3 steath 14<

3 breakfall 14<

3 streetwise 14<

3 detective 11<

Disads to be decided

Vorsch

For a disadvantage, give him American Eagle II, who is now retired.

:)

American Eagle II will be this guy in his 80's or so, who will invent gadgets, and tell American Eagle III what to do over a radio link. He will have all the detective skills.

The rest of the new Freedom Squad won't know this, of course. I used Freedom Squad in my campaign, whenever the team would visit Chicago. American Eagle and the Black Fathom were retired, and spent their days feeding pigeons and playing chess in the park.

Of course, whenever one of their villains would reappear, they would volunteer to help. I ran them like Dirty Harry and Shaft on social security. They also had old injuries, from all the fights they were in.

Jotun returned to Japan, and started his own superhero team. They were regarded a sellouts by other heroes, since they sold toys, action figures, and junk like that.

Victrix was kept around as she was trying to recruit a new Freedom Force. She was the one who had the money to do it.

Freedom Force actually first appeared in the old "VOICE" module, where most of them got killed before the scenario begins. I do have a Hardhat II, that I use. She is the daughter of the original hardhat, and runs a "superhero construction company".

Originally posted by Hermit

Well, it's hard for me to imagine an American Eagle replacement without some good old oratory and similar skills to inspire and lead with... but not bad.

The "detective" skill you have confuses me. Do you mean Deduction? or is that "PS: Detective"?

As its a new to champions player his character is meant to be a young inexperienced gung ho type.

Ps did the original have those skills? have lost book

Vorsch

Originally posted by Vorsch

As its a new to champions player his character is meant to be a young inexperienced gung ho type.

Ps did the original have those skills? have lost book

Vorsch

In the Champions Universe writeup (4th edition), American Eagle, AKA Steve Hall, had various equipement. Body armor, anti-Flash goggles, and wings that allowed him to fly. He also had a baton, and martial arts. His skills consisted of +2 Overall levels, and +2 levels "with any use of Wings" ;)

His first appearance was in "Voice of Doom". (3rd edition? or 2nd?) It looks like his 4th edition wtiteup was a direct translation to me, there is no change in them from 3rd to 4th. He has no "patriotic or code vs killing" in this writeup. His secret ID was Steven Hall, an illustrator specializing in Historical reproductions. (I love how specific that is)

Funny, the others seemed to have gotten skills when they were converted, he didn't. When I used him I gave him some military type skills, and some detective skills. (just cause he has been doing it forever). I had him carry his army pistol, when he expected serious trouble.

Hmm.... it's a good start but I will make some suggestions:

"Silver Eagle 350pts

50 Str 40"

Since he was a silver Avenger, perhaps you should knock his strength down to 40, which is what it was in the Primus write-ups.

"25 Dex 45

25 Con 30

12 Bod 4

10 Int 0"

Int you might want to increase a bit since I will suggestion some additional skills

"20 Ego 20

20 Pre 10

20 Com 5"

The above helps to define him as strong willed and magnetic which are good things for a leader. I like this.

"20 Pd 10

20 Ed 15

5 Spd 15

15 Rec 0

50 End 0

50 Stun 0"

"Powers

RC AP

22 45 Mp Wings OIF restrainable not in confined areas ( most buildings etc )-1

2 45 flight 15" 0 end

2 45 Flight 5" 0 end X64 NCM

2 45 Missile Deflection all Adjacent hex +7 OCV

2 45 HKA 1d6 AP 0 end + 2" stretching 0 end

2 45 RKA 2d6 AP 16 charges"

Hmm.. I would advise that you make the flight its own power. This way he can use his attacks and missle deflects even when flying. Otherwise, he will be quite limited. Perhaps you could have a flight MP by itself, for both the battle flight and non combat flight while a second MP would go to MD and killing attacks. Otherwise, as noted, you could make flight a M slot but trying to shift points around like that seem to be a pain.

Also, I wonder what the wings are like. Are they like Archangel's metal wings? Otherwise, they seem to not support the powers since the AE II's wings looked softer and bird-like with feathers. Finally, I'm not sure if I like American Eagle having killing attacks but this could be for a new hero with an attitude. If supported by PRIMUS, they might want him to be more non-lethal.

"20 Armour 12 Pd 12 Ed Hardened OIF Battlesuit

3 Ir vision OIF helmet

3 UV vision OIF helmet

3 Flash defence OIF helmet

3 Radio com OIF helmet

3 Life support Does not breath, 1hour OIF helmet

8 Mental defence 12 pts"

With both 12 ED/12PD and 20 PD/20ED he seems too brickish. Perhaps lower his natural defenses a bit or make the armor just damage resistance. The other gadgets are nice

"skills 72

24 Martial arts Strike block dodge grab throw disarm

12 Martial levels +4

21 combat levels +4, only in flight -1/2"

You might wish to add in a few levels with flight to show off a her who is quite agile in air.

"3 acrobatics 14<

3 steath 14<

3 breakfall 14<

3 streetwise 14<

3 detective 11<"

A good start but if the character was Silver Agent, the character may have had a significant law enforcement or military background which could use some more skills.

Good luck with the character!