Well Rounded Heroes

Certified

If I understand things correctly each Framework revolves around 2 core Stats. When crossing power frameworks you run the risk of seeing vastly diminished returns for your power's capabilities because of this. So here's the question. What framework combinations work well with just 2 Stats, 3 or 4 and which are they?

Re: Well Rounded Heroes

If I understand things correctly each Framework revolves around 2 core Stats. When crossing power frameworks you run the risk of seeing vastly diminished returns for your power's capabilities because of this. So here's the question. What framework combinations work well with just 2 Stats' date=' 3 or 4 and which are they?[/quote']

Well, I feel every build can benefit from a high Recovery, as it determines the amount of energy you have at the start of a fight. It limits what power you can use as an opener, and how many powers you can use before resorting to an energy builder. So, any power or framework combination that relies on Recovery is good, as it focuses on a stat that most people will improve regardless of build.

Also nearly every build can benefit from CON. Endurance doesn't hurt either.

In general, if you don't mind crits, you can skimp on DEX and EGO (unless your abilities can benefit from these), STR is iffy (its Knock protection is a joke, take for Invuln and melee damage), Presence is skippable until the aggro issues are worked out by the Devs (bonus pet HP is so slight, and I don't seem to heal any faster with high Presence), and Int's reductions are minor.

Every build benefits from Recovery (think openers, more energy equals opening with strongest attacks), Endurance (at high levels, benefits regen even more than Recovery), and Constitution (outlive them).

Recovery is the base stat for Regeneration, and Resurgence is based on Constitution, so Supernatural is good right off the bat.

Defiance uses Con. The Reflexes one uses Dex. Invulnerable uses both Strength (flat damage reduction) and Constitution (scaling damage resistance).

What I've heard for long term strategy is End and Con. Recovery isn't terribly important as you can build up the end anyway. However a high End means you can drop your most expensive attacks more often.

I open every fight with Orbital Cannon (roughly 90 energy to use). It defeats henchmen with the initial blast, and will drop many villains before it is over (thanks to Anvil of Dawn). Because I have enough Recovery to use Orbital Cannon without first building energy, many fights are over within a few seconds.

I think this thread may be slipping a bit from my original goal. This was meant more along the lines of power combinations such as Telepathy and Sorcery. Both share Presence as a recommended Stat but one focuses on Intelligence and the other Ego. Do these combinations blend well together?

I think this thread may be slipping a bit from my original goal. This was meant more along the lines of power combinations such as Telepathy and Sorcery. Both share Presence as a recommended Stat but one focuses on Intelligence and the other Ego. Do these combinations blend well together?
You can absolutely share stats between different power sets. I've found that getting a 3rd 'primary' stat with Upgrades is not too difficult, so quite a few combinations work as long as they share some crossover.

Might/TK (str/con/ego) or Might/SB (str/con/dex) for example would prove much trickier to play than Might/darkness (str/con/end) - as might would (usually) stack +end anyway.

My sorcery char has taken some TP powers for support and seems to be working ok so far.

I don't know if this is quite as extreme as what you're going for, but...

John Wrath, the character I've put the most time into, is basically a Munitions character, but I've taken Regen + Resurgence from Supernatural and Energy Shield from Power Armor.

His "super stats" are DEX and EGO, but I've leaned toward REC with my gear and Talents and at level 23 REC hovers in the same general range as DEX and EGO, though lagging behind a little.

If I had focused more on DEX and EGO, the character might have been more leveraged, but the REC works nicely w/ REGEN, and in general in its normal function. I had a rough time in the beginning, but used one of the free resets to do a course correction and another to make a few minor tweaks, and the result is a very survivable, very capable character. I solo oranges, and reds if I'm careful, and solo missions suggested for 2 or 3 without difficulty. Viper-X one-shotted me at 21, need to circle back and see how he likes me now, but other than that its been smooth sailing.

Regen and secondarily Resurgence and the improved block from Power Armor are essential to my strategy, and having had lackluster results w/ the defensive options offered by Munitions I'm convinced that the character is successful due to being a 'hybrid', dipping into other powersets.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

You will also find great success with Darkness/ TK/ Telepathy, particularly with End/Rec super stats;

Regen for a defense passive in the low and mid levels, [and any time you need to be tough],

Shadow form at mid and high levels once you have acquired Ego Storm and/or Shadow Embrace [with it's Pull to/knock advantage] for offense role faster leveling in safe situations or when you have a teammate to take agro/help you control foes.

My main is Telekinesis mainly, with TK energy builder and beginning powers, then branched out to the other sets as he leveled up. Get Regen at level 8 and play defense or balanced rolew with it for a good while, and you'll be a solid single target damage dealer once you get to Ego Blade Breach. Then in the mid twenties get Ego Storm and Shadow form right after it, and experiment with using it in Offense role when you are in safe areas.

If you are comfortable with Offense role earlier in your career, get Shadow embrace and shadow form, but without the knock/pull advantage on it, it will help you mitigate damage, essential for surviving to deal all that damage in Offense role.

Hope that helps!

~Rune