Psychically Bonded Twins

Naanomi

Duplication is expensive!! I'm trying to make a wonder-twins style character, and was starting with this...

Bonded Twin: Duplication (creates 475-point form), Cannot Recombine (-0), Inherent (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Feedback (Only STUN Damage Feeds Back; -1/2)

Wow! A single, unaltered duplicant... 119 AP, only 39 points over recommendations. That won't fit in the campaign limits... I know a 'second character' can be powerful, but I didn't think it would be essentially impossible.

Re: Psychically Bonded Twins

Second step is to have a single mind...

One Mind: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Always On (-1/2), Unified Power (Shared Minds; -1/4)

Takes care of the basics, but I want something more extensive so...

Shared Senses: Clairsentience (Smell/Taste Group, Normal Touch, Normal Sight And Normal Hearing), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 12m per Phase), Rapid: x10, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Fixed Perception Point (-1), Always On (-1/2), Only Through The Senses Of Others (-1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Mental Sense Group (-1/4), Unified Power (Shared Minds; -1/4)

The Shared Senses has a range limitation, which is unfortunate, but I don't see an easy work around for it. It is also limited to 'normal' senses, but as this is a Superhero campaign I don't see it being an issue... though expanding it to other sense groups might be in order, in case I borrow a teammates night-vision goggles or the like.

I'll top off the shared minds with something like this. Hard to control two people at once, and having two bodies makes it easy to coordinate thing... 'body ambidexterity' of sorts.

More than one Mind: Mental Defense (20 points total), Hardened (+1/4), Impenetrable (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Unified Power (Shared Minds; -1/4)

One Mind, One Body: Teamwork 24- (29 Active Points); Limited Power Only with Duplicants (-1), Unified Power (Shared Minds; -1/4)

As an afterthought, I'd like them to share some biology functions, so...

Shared Mental Energy: Shared Mental Energy: Life Support (Sleeping, Eating, and Breathing needs combined between twins)

I've done this sort of thing.

The constant STUN Feedback was a rather big PITA, especially on AoE attacks. Eventually, I decided they only suffered feedback when actively using their sense sharing power. It ended up being considerably more playable.

I also built the Clairisentice in a MP with one slot being Megascaled, but costing end. My logic was it took some effort to share sense over incredibly long distances, but was essentially effortless when they were within about 2 miles of each other.

They had a few other sense sharing powers, like 360 for Sight Group, but only when they were fighting in close proximity.

Duplication is expensive!! I'm trying to make a wonder-twins style character, and was starting with this...

Bonded Twin: Duplication (creates 475-point form), Cannot Recombine (-0), Inherent (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Feedback (Only STUN Damage Feeds Back; -1/2)

Wow! A single, unaltered duplicant... 119 AP, only 39 points over recommendations. That won't fit in the campaign limits... I know a 'second character' can be powerful, but I didn't think it would be essentially impossible.

This is why I'm not a big fan of AP restrictions. Note that you need 85 AP for a single duplicate at 475 points, so this will never fit an 80 point limit.

However, do you need 475 points? Technically, for 80 points you can have a 400 point Duplicate. The Duplicate doesn't need Duplication, so it would be otherwise identical with 395 points (less if you retain the Inherent advantage, more with the Feedback limitation reducing the full cost of Duplication).

I suspect the AP cap isn't the biggest concern. Some GM's dislike the "multiple characters" aspect of Duplication, so AP limit or not would likely disallow the character. I suspect a GM who likes the concept would be prepared to waive the AP limit.

Here is a wonderful idea (run by GM for approval):

Build two separate characters as required by campaign rules. Give both characters any abilities that they would possess in the campaign, in addition to a psybond. In essence, you will have two separate characters both under your control that can in an instant coordinate their actions without a word, in addition to everything else that their powers and abilities can do.

Since this might give you more points than others characters possess, you should run this idea across your GM before you go to all the work of creating the characters.

Here is a wonderful idea (run by GM for approval):

Build two separate characters as required by campaign rules. Give both characters any abilities that they would possess in the campaign, in addition to a psybond. In essence, you will have two separate characters both under your control that can in an instant coordinate their actions without a word, in addition to everything else that their powers and abilities can do.

Since this might give you more points than others characters possess, you should run this idea across your GM before you go to all the work of creating the characters.

As a GM, I'd probably look at this as an option provided there is an offset to balance. Practically, that would probably mean each of the two characters is somewhat less powerful than the campaign norm for a single character (DCs and defenses a bit lower than the norm, maybe; less base points than the other characters perhaps - some offset for having two characters).

Thinking on it, if your GM is willing to make the concept fly, another approach would be to make one twin a Follower of the other.