Please Review: Chrystalline

Naanomi

Re: Please Review: Chrystalline

Personal,ly I don't think missile deflection make a good power to simulate bullets (or whatever) bouncing off a person. Missile deflection requires a OCV vs OCV roll and takes concentration whereas all you are wanting to simulate is something hard enough to not allow bullets (or whatever) to penetrate and that can be done (or is already done) with high resistant defenses.

Re: Please Review: Chrystalline

Generally, I love the concept, good stuff! Unless I'm missing something, there is a few things I would worry about.

- ED 8 plus 13-15 CON means you will likey be stunned by any meager energy attack you don't Deflect (and with an OCV of 4 with no levels, you won't deflect much in a typical campaign).

- Conversely, a PD of 50 for a 15 DC campaign means you will take very little damage from non-energy attacks (which will one shot you) and you in return will do very little damage to enemies with similar defenses.

- Having played several growth characters, make sure you know ahead of time if the GM will be using any optional combat rules such as placed shots. Even without placed shots, sweep/ rapid fire attacks and move throughs are brutal with a DCV of 0 (due to your "Gigantic Size" diasad).

Suggestions:

1. Balance your PD and ED with what you might expect attacks to be like in the campaign (you are using 75-112 AP attacks between your forms).

2. Raise your CON such that you won't expect to be stunned by "average" attacks.

3. I would take some levels with Missile Deflection (2 pt. skill levels or up the levels you already have to 8 pt. levels) or you may find you have wasted phase when you use it.