Kamarathin 6E HD Files

mayapuppies

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Kamarathin 6E HD Files

Is the actual Kamarathin Campaign PDF currently for sale at Drive Thru RPG updated for Hero 6E or does it still reference 5R?

If I purchase the current version and a 6E update comes out will there be a free or discounted cost for those that buy it?

I guess what I am asking is if it would be wiser to wait for the update to 6E, or go ahead and purchase now?

Currently there is a 6E Conversion PDF in the works (currently being laid out, actually), that will have all of the changes in Kamarathin due to 6E documented, including all of the prefabs and equipment and spells and whatnot. This will be released as a free PDF available for download and I will be including a CD with future retail purchases.

There are no plans to actually change the currently released book to 6E and then re-release for many, many logistical reasons.

But, all future books will be done in 6E.

Two more quick questions... Our Gm wants to stay as close to canon as possible with our characters. I am creating an Iron Road Sanguinary.

I am confused by the Elan Cruor Elemental Control and how to convert it to 6E. Should I replace it with a multipower? If not should I be buying the Cruor individually like in Turakian Age? Or should I try an put them into a VPP. It seems that a mulitpower comes closest to the old EC with the limitations applied.

My second question... Should the Power Skill Blood Magic be based on a Characteristic and if so which one?

Thanks

I am confused by the Elan Cruor Elemental Control and how to convert it to 6E. Should I replace it with a multipower? If not should I be buying the Cruor individually like in Turakian Age? Or should I try an put them into a VPP. It seems that a mulitpower comes closest to the old EC with the limitations applied.

Each of the Cruors are now bought individually. The 6E HD Files take all of that into account.

My second question... Should the Power Skill Blood Magic be based on a Characteristic and if so which one?

Body, the HD files also take that into account.

I'm really excited to hear a Kamarathin game is taking place, I look forward to hearing more from you guys. Also, there is often new or clarified information posted in the D3 Forums.

Very cool!!! Thanks for the quick reply. After our initial get to each other session last night, I started working on my character, and by the time I got around to posting my questions my 12 cylinder brain was firing on one cylinder... and even that one was backfiring.

I have another question. We are playing online using Maptools. I would like to create some maptools maps, and tokens with attached macro code to support our game and ultimately the Kamarathin Campaign setting. I am seeking permission to create the Maptools campaign file and share it with other Maptools users. It would include some maps from the book, and the Macro code would include game stats for things like weapons, spells, skills, powers, artifacts, etc. The macro code does not refelct what is written in the book verbatim, but rather causes dice rolls and displays the results in the chat window. The file would also eventually contain tokens with code attached for NPCs, and creatures. If you would rather not grant permission, then I will use the resulting campaign file only for our in house group and not share it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, found out that the Dwarf Racial Template had a minor error, the Goblin Male Racial Template was completely wrong and none of the Characteristic Maxima settings were correct for all of the non-human racial templates.

These are now corrected and uploaded. I've had to break out the files in order to conform to the size limits.

So we have Kamarathin: The Kingdom of Tursh. It is great and I now have a desire for all things Kamarathin. Are there plans for other expansions of other Kingdoms? Will there be a designated area of the world intentionally left for GM development so that some future release doesn't render the GM developed material as non-canon? Will there be Some kind of core world book to gather cetralize character development material like racial backgournds, available professional packages based on race, culture, or geography? And what about elves? There are dwarves, halflings (Bezzi), and goblins (Kvonites)... but the fair race is either hiding in a distant land or non-existant.

So we have Kamarathin: The Kingdom of Tursh. It is great and I now have a desire for all things Kamarathin.

:celebrate

Are there plans for other expansions of other Kingdoms?

Oh most definitely, in fact I'm working on the Kingdom of Beilean as we speak, after that will be Dirissland.

Will there be a designated area of the world intentionally left for GM development so that some future release doesn't render the GM developed material as non-canon?

There will certainly be areas like that, but not for a while. There are a lot of kingdoms/nations in Northern Hylrexia, but as they extend further south and west, there are areas that are completely "unpopulated".

In addition, I will be using Ultimate base to create a player run continent that we'll publish. More details will come on that as I get closer to starting it up.

Will there be Some kind of core world book to gather cetralize character development material like racial backgournds, available professional packages based on race, culture, or geography?

Hmm, hadn't thought of doing such a thing, but if there's enough desire for it, I can't see why we wouldn't.

And what about elves? There are dwarves, halflings (Bezzi), and goblins (Kvonites)... but the fair race is either hiding in a distant land or non-existent.

Well, they do exist, several species of them in fact, one such species resides in the Zweluke Forest between Tursh and Dirissland and I will be expanding on them in the Dirissland book, they'll make a difficult PC race unless the entire party are made up of them as they are EXTREMELY isolationist, which is why i didn't include them in Tursh. There are small outposts of elves (most won't conform to the Tolkien or D&D version of 'elves') scattered throughout Northern Hylrexia, but their homelands are much further south and west.

So we have Kamarathin: The Kingdom of Tursh. It is great and I now have a desire for all things Kamarathin. Are there plans for other expansions of other Kingdoms? Will there be a designated area of the world intentionally left for GM development so that some future release doesn't render the GM developed material as non-canon? Will there be Some kind of core world book to gather cetralize character development material like racial backgournds' date=' available professional packages based on race, culture, or geography? And what about elves? There are dwarves, halflings (Bezzi), and goblins (Kvonites)... but the fair race is either hiding in a distant land or non-existant.[/quote']

As a general comment, I'm constantly putting more stuff up on our websites forums in the way of clarifications, expansion of descriptions, etc.