STR v Point of Origin

Sean Waters

I avoided the obvious acronym in the title: aren't you proud of me?

So Eyebiter has a Blast power that emanates from her eyes.

Testosterone grabs her using his super strength. A grab immobilises 2 limbs, and Testosterone decides to immobilise Eyebiter's head and right arm (we're not using hit locations so no extra damage or anything).

Does that mean that Testosterone can now prevent Eyebiter attacking him with her Blast because he can simply point her head away from him and, unless she can break free, there's nothing she can do about it?

(if you have a problem with the head being grabbed assume Eyebiter's hands are the source of her power and Testosterone grabs and immobilises her arms as usual with a grab).

Re: STR v Point of Origin

Sounds like a decent move to do against Eyes power...

The trick is to determine if the Grab is good enough so Eyebiter cant really see anything of Testosterone (foot, leg, hand)... if the grab was by behind it would be easier. I think that to immobilise the head in such a way he need to concentrate on it as he need both arms (grab by behind, one lock around the neck, one hand on the top of the head to keep his sight away from the necklock...).

It also depend on the way the Blast is depicted and his SFx...

Re: STR v Point of Origin

Testosterone could easily enough hold Eyebiter face down on the floor with her face in the dirt making targeting him near impossible.

Speaking of X-Men it also happens to Wolverine who often has his wrists grabbed or bound, preventing the use of his claws...in fact it strikes me that most powers with a 'point of origin' could effectively be neutralised int his way, couldn't they? I mean if you Blast from your hands, having them rammed up underneath your chin is going to discourage most people from firing the power off. OTOH, STR does not really have a Point of Origin - or the point of Origin is 'all over'.