Any voip/skype super games? at all?

kytanos

Well, I cast my lure out once a month, and now is as good a time as any.

You see, I cant stand the pace of pure text/pbp games. The speed is simply too slow for me to be immersed or engaged. Additionally I find vocal role play far more socially engaging and energetic.

Unfortunately, Voice games are extremely difficult to find. A man called Shawn introduced the fun world of superhero role play. Then he promptly disappeared after the 4th session of what was supposed to be a long running campaign.

So, come my fellow cape's with microphones, Let's see if we cant get a game together. While I dont have the skill to gm it, Im hoping enough interest will reach a critical mass and some curious gm will see he has an entire group ready to go.

Re: Any voip/skype super games? at all?

I've looked up skype and it looks handy. I could possibly be willing to run/play a game that was run on skype, but can you do conference calls over skype? and how would you handle dice rolls?

The only problem I'd have is I don't have a mic for my notebook.

Kytanos, feel free to shoot me an email if you don't want to tie up the message board. Just put HERO in the subject header so it gets sorted into the right folder. you may reach me at hvm2k2@live.com

I'd prefer to leave the universe/setting to the gm's choice.

As for the "Style/age" I prefer my super's game to be...well. I dont want four colour shiny happy candyland. But at the same time I dont want vampire the depression or warhammer 40k. I guess the best way to describe it is gritty or realistic, their is light in the world, and good people, and good things happen. But so do bad things, and they sometimes happen to good people, People can die, or fall on hard times.

for rp/combat. Im a big rp fan. Combat is a spice in the rack. and you dont make a pizza out of pepper. The more rp the better, with maybe the occasional fight to spice things up. It is supers afterall. I'd say 90/10 or 80/20, then again not all sessions have combat, and some have alot more (the carefull investigation of the mob is bound to have less combat that storming the alien citadel)

Finally, I prefer gm's who know that the party consists of character's. It's not just "the party" and "The plot" but they pay heed to the individuals too. The best games ive had were character driven. :-D

Since you seem to be taking up gm, can we get a point of contact that could be used live. It's alot better for back-n-forth when you dont have to wait days on a forum. You have a skype?yim?aim?

Okay,

I have a home spun Comic Book universe that derives inspiration from: Champions, GURPS Supers, Marvel, DC, Image, and other sources. I have essentially three campaign ideas.

ICONS -- Essentially you would play re-invented/re-imagined/deconstructed versions of popular comic icons (Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Thor, Green Lantern, Dr. Strange etc...) You would create your Iconic super team. You would be among the most powerful heroes in the world. The game would have a relatively high point total and lots of work to flesh out characters, backgrounds and builds in order to balance fun, playability & fairness. (I would find this game fun and challenging as I usually run games that have mid level power levels. GMing something akin to the Justice League would be new for me. I would expect this to be Bronze Age in flavor)

G.U.A.R.D. Team USA -- (Government Ultra-human, Allied, Rescue & Defense) -- The united states governments runs a variety of GUARD Teams (Think Avengers: The Initiative) but instead of 50 teams there are more like Ten overseeing territories. I would want to run the National Team which would have a power level similar to The Avengers. I would want someone to play the Patriot leader type character, a legacy identity dating back to WWII (ala Captain America) the rest of the team should be stable, committed, professional heavy hitters. (Like the Icon game I think this would be loads of fun. Higher power levels with the resources and baggage of the federal government. A very public team with propaganda duties to match their super hero duties.)

The Accidental Team-- A Game by Consensus -- Still set in the home spun world this would be an average power game where the starting point for the game would be reached by consensus of the players and the GM but the players are free to create their characters as they see fit according to campaign guidelines. I think this game would have a classic New Warriors feel or even Teen Titans feel. (This game would be lots of fun for me because it means collaborating and building on ideas and moving forward. Lots of interpersonal role play opportunities.)

As a self avowed Marvel zombie (I know it well and research it often) who greatly appreciates and enjoys the DC universe I would be willing to run one of the following three campaigns in an alternate Marvel Universe:

SENTINELS -- In a MU inspired in great part by The House of M, a world where the arms race involved Super Humans rather than nukes -- Some have found that in this outwardly appearing Utopian World normal non-supers are regarded as 2nd class citizens at best and less than human at worst. (This game would be my personal favorite because it involves long ranging strategy on the part of the players, conspiracy, and tactical savvy. This is also a game I have been developing over the last few months. A central premise of the game involves a concept originally Found in Valiant Comic's H.A.R.D. Corps. This could be a heroic campaign, an anti-hero campaign or a villain campaign completely dependent on the action of the players and what the situation calls for)

X-Men Simple classic and awesome. I was a hard corp X-head as a teenager and have always enjoyed the idea of running an X-men game. Players would be free to choose the Mutant of their choice and I could morph the universe around them. An average super heroic starting power level that could take you all over this particular MU. (It's close to heart and something I know very well. I have done it before but I would love to go down memory lane with any other X-heads)

Avengers Academy Lower powered game of newbie supers learning from the old pros. Graduate and go your own way and develop your own legend. (A very collaborative game where we can geek out together and create the team, supporting cast and plot lines together for a mutually entertaining experience.)

I'd go with the accidental team/consensus. Possibly starting out at the local level with our average talent, and building up our team, legend, rep. and so on from the start. (plus i love the interpersonal roleplay)

I dont like belonging to an organization from the start, or being a a official "Superteam" it's too impersonal and "Distant".

I'm way too busy to actually play the game, but something I thought about awhile ago is sort of an original Teen Titans where the PC's would be the Sidekicks of powerful heroes that have teamed up. Imagine if the Hulk or Dr. Strange had a sidekick...? Just a thought.

Nope!

I am still here. Apologies but life interrupts. I pulled out my Game World codex and other 5th edition books and notes from previous campaigns. Work has gotten very hectic as of late and I have family coming into town soon visiting.

I do not think I would be ready to run anything for at least the next 3 weeks at the earliest. If you can wait that long...great. If not, I certainly understand.

Thank you,

LA Singletary

I can understand, real life happens. if you got my friends email. their are two of us now. and we both think Saturdays are perfect.

either way, Voice games are rare, superhero games. rarer. We can be patient. Well just do some light back and forth on campaigns and characters until your ready to start it up, as it were.

I just downloaded Skype and got a microphone the other day. I would totally be interested in a Skype game, as long as it isn't on Tuesdays as I do play in another game that day. I've got me 6th Ed books and a nifty Excel/OpenOffice character sheet for anyone interested in using it. I usually enjoy playing blaster or brick types, but I'm up for trying new things with superheroes. I too can wait, as I have finals the next couple weeks.

For map tools, go to http://www.rptools.net to get the Map Tools program. Pretty handy, albeit a bit of a learning curve. For dice rolls, we can actually use the HERO website chat for that. It has it built into the chat to do Attack Rolls, Damage Rolls, and Skill Rolls. Plus, since it automatically posts your dice roll, you can't really cheat.

Od "Getting some feedback from my mike" raude

Well, it appears despite the wait we have almost hit the limit on players. :-)

Glad to meet ya Odraude.

Just so you know ive talked to the gm, The game will be mainly roleplay, with the occasional combat to "spice things up" now and again. Currently campaign wise me and the other player are leaning towards the accidental team option. The game will probably be on saturday as that is the gm's, mine, and the other players preference at the moment, and the session time limit will be four hours. However their will be some supplemental/side roleplay in forums or in email during the week.

If you ever need assistance, I've pretty much memorized 6th Ed and can give you various page numbers for rules and such from the main two source books as well as the Advanced Player's Guide. I also have a nifty 6th Ed Character sheet I can give people that does most of the calculations (minus powers and skills) for people. Hope this helps.

Od "Of course I have a life! I got the green mushroom!" raude