Multi Genre Immortal Spirits/ Souls Game

incrdbil

I had a concept, now I'm brainstorming for how to implement it.

the players create characters--well, more or less, souls.

The game will feature these souls incarnated in variosu bodies and periods throughout time and space. They lead their normal life, until the soul 'awakens'--some point usually triggers the memory of their past lives--not in every detail or nuance, but enough. These awakenings usually center around them meeting for the first time as a group, or the dawning of some crucial event.

So one set of linked adventures would be their life in a fantasy game. Another could be their lives in a very realistic historical setting. Then a far future fanatsy/sci fi setting, then back to a modern day urban fantasy. (The campaign progresses, but their incarnations through time and space don't have to be linear.)

So,, given that their bodies, even genders may change, and they may inhabit a medieval warrior in one life then a superheo in the next, point total will change, what is the best way to have characters defien souls--basic personalities, but also reflect certain core strengths and assets. Perhaps I could have a characteristic template of modifiers, that is added to whatever body they inhabit. (One soul is always brighter than normal, one soul always has a unique aura (Presence), one is always lucky.etc)

Slowly, over the campaign, the souls grow more powerful in their ability to shape reality. (Luck, heroic action points..maybe a small flexible VPP that grows to enhance each body upon awakening)

Any suggestions on the campaign itself, character construction? I'm thinking of making an eternal enemy. I forsee lots of tragic ending scenarios, Arthurian in feel. Not always happy endings..

Re: Multi Genre Immortal Spirits/ Souls Game

First idea off the bat is keep pick fifty points of psych lims and have each body maintain that across the years.

Second idea is to use an important artifact throughout your linked campaign.

Third idea reference each adventure in other campaign times to keep it relevant as you go.

It sounds complicated to run unless you have a linked timeline along.

CES