Was the Infinity Man ever given a re-do in the latest edition?

denizen

Infinity Man from Alien Enemies was probably one of the most powerful beings in the old Game with a 250 point Power Pool, and was clearly based on Marvel's Beyonder in that he was a curious god-like being that has assumed human form and wants to understand Good and Evil, Life and Death, Free-Will, Love, etc.

In one book it even mentioned that Doctor Destroyer was aware of him, but even he was too afraid to confront him.

So I'm new to the latest edition after being a fan of the old edition like 10 years ago. I've been looking through the new books and I see some old familiar faces, some of which now have new names (Malachite the Perfect Man is now Teleios the Perfect Man, for instance).

Is there a character that fits the role of the Infinity Man in the new edition, and if so, what book is he in?

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Was the Infinity Man ever given a re-do in the latest edition?

Not really, no.

There were several characters with very large power pools in the Galactic Champions supplement (for example, Arcane: 250-pt VPP; Examiner: 500-pt VPP), but of course not all characters with giant VPPs are the same, and none of them (or any other published 5E character, for that matter) really reminded me of the Infinite Man. (The Examiner, in particular, reminded me of the Collector of Marvel's Elders of the Universe fame).

BTW, if you are interested in Infinite Man, you should check out Galactic Champions to see if you'd be interested in making the investment in that book. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Re: Was the Infinity Man ever given a re-do in the latest edition?

I think Supernova, from Galactic Champions, is probably the nearest equivalent of the Infinite One from Alien Enemies. Just switch out his VPPs for one big one, and maybe tweak his stats a bit, and you're all set. In the alternative, you could probably take Valak the World Ravager(forget which book he's in), and add a large VPP and some Damage Reduction (at which point the question "Who can beat Dr. Destroyer" is rather definitively answered).