Dreams: I need descriptions of wild Dreamscapes

lensman

My charcaters are going into a Dreamscape and I need a series of Dreams ranging from th enot very powerful Dreamer up to the Dreams of very Powerful Dreamers.

Should have a Psych at the center and an environment. Set in a Fantasy universe but th e setting does not matter since in is all Dream.

Thanks

Re: Dreams: I need descriptions of wild Dreamscapes

Read Sandman. Until then. Remember that dreams do not have to make sense. And that one thing can just as easily be another.

Here are are a few dreamers and the worlds they inhabit.

The Musician Ecstatic.

I walk across quicksilver seas and the sky laughs with me because I am party to its madness. The world moves within me as I move in it. Hills surround me like frozen waves and each current takes a million years to traverse.

I pass across all the ages of the ocean. The ebb and flow of it is music beneath my feet, chords rise over me like mountains and the beat shatters the earth at every step. I ride the thunder and feed on the fire which flows like blood through my heart.

Nothing is solid. Each riff is a ripple that rebuilds the world even as it fades into the next and I skip from peak to peak without ever coming down.

The Paranoid.

This world is split into two parts.

There are the barren empty plains which stand wherever my gaze falls; bereft of hiding places and filled with nothing but hidden pits and jutting rocks that catch and snatch at my feet.

And there is the seething forest where the army of shadows lurks. Scuttling things and feral things. They know my secrets and hate me for it. They reach out to pluck at me with long, spiteful fingers and whisper in voices just beyond hearing. I know they will catch me soon.

I cannot escape them. There is nowhere for me to run and a thousand places for them to hide.

The Child's Vision.

Toys stretch out in front of me in huge long lines. The floor is made of building blocks. Some of the toys are puppets that pull each others strings so they can move. The rivers are all chocolate milk and the houses are all tissue paper. There are trains that run everywhere, they don't need tracks because they have legs.

The Clockmaker's Work.

Tick, Tock. Tick, Tock.

Everything is precise now. The mechanism that winds across the horizon is so vast and so complex that it has finally trapped time inside its gears.

Giant hour hands click across the clocks endless face. The unwary and lackadaisical would be crushed beneath their relentless rythm but I stand in the centre, unmoved.

Gears the size of cities grind the seconds away, measuring them out, distilling them, then revealing them in slow and stately displays of numerals.

All is measured. All is perfect.

And when the clock stops time will stop.

The Flu Dream.

Needles in the air. Stabbing you. Up is down but it doesn't matter because everything is shivering and something is forming in the fog that wants to strangle you. The air is as heavy as lead and stand on sickening yellow clouds that could collapse at every moment

Tainted mist conceals everything except the phantoms and the half ghosts of past motions that scream mockingly through the air.

You try to speak, to call for help. But the mist splits your voice into a thousand parts and hammers it through your skull until you can see your own pain buried in the back of your head.

The mist forms goblins and wraiths and bursts of boiling steam to assail you. You try to fight them but you cannot remember who they are trying to kill.

Re: Dreams: I need descriptions of wild Dreamscapes

One more.

The Fear of Mortality.

I stand inside a hollowed out skull, peering out through the left eyesocket at the killing fields where thousands of dessicated corpses lie stiffly upon their spears. Each body has suffered different wounds, some have the sores of disease while others are twisted and discoloured by poison or famine and yet more bear ragged wounds from some forgotten war. Nothing disturbs the dead. Even the maggots here have dried up and blown away in the dusty wind that threads its way through this tortured landscape.

I look through the right eyesocket and see older remains. Heaps and heaps of bones in such numbers that they blot out the ash strewn ground. Here the bones have been piled purposefully into great skullcapped altars and there they have been crushed into fodder for the uncaring wind. If I stare at the bones too long I begin to see patterns, glimpses into a dark future that beckons me with fleshless fingers and croons to me in the voice of the grave.

Or perhaps it is just the wind scratching at my skeletal refuge, slowly wearing it down into the nothingness that will someday take us all.

• 3 weeks later...