Battlegrounds Battlemaps

nlubofsky

Originally posted by nlubofsky

Am I the only GM in the world that runs Champions battles with miniature figures?

Just curious.

Nick

We use cardboard miniatures for EVERY game. I draw all the maps for the battle scenes on hex map boards (the vinyl hexed ones).

I wish the maps that come with Champions Battlegrounds where the big foldout maps like those that came with the HERO Resource Kit.

Acroyear II

Originally posted by nlubofsky

Am I the only GM in the world that runs Champions battles with miniature figures?

Just curious.

Nick

Nope, I use minis in my games. I even make sure that everyone has their own figure. I haven't found software that is easy to use for making maps. So I end up drawing things out on a Mega-mat.

Tasha :)

Originally posted by Tasha

Nope, I use minis in my games. I even make sure that everyone has their own figure. I haven't found software that is easy to use for making maps. So I end up drawing things out on a Mega-mat.

Tasha :)

I use AutoRealm for some maps, but for others I draw things out on a mat with the wet-erase pens. But I always wipe off the lines at the end of the day, as per the instructions for the mat. Problem is, if we're in the middle of a combat when we have to break, then it's a pain in the foxbat to have to re-draw it. And, in general, any time the players return to a location, how do you remember where everything belongs?

AutoRealm is very nice, but, unfortunately, it doesn't run on Mac. (sniff)(sniff) :(

I found a dry erase hex map with a square map on the back and dry erase markers work really well for rough area battle map..oh also the clears cell maps from battle tech translate really well for modern games. quickie factorys or seedy parts of towns..etc We use figures for the battles and dice under the figures to represent flight.