Anyone else really stoked about Alien Wars?

danbuter

I'm starting to get a bit impatient. The whole Alien Wars thing is my cup of tea. I think it can and probably will be a much cooler setting than Terran Empire.

I'm assuming we can run around as Space Marine blasting xenos for all they're worth.

Anyways, are there going to be hovertanks or anything similar in the book? I'm really hoping you go all out on military hardware for this.

Good news. I finished editing/developing AW this week, and it should go out to playtesting next week sometime.

I think it will meet your expectations; Allen's done an excellent job with it. Yes, you can definitely run around as space marines blasting Xenos all you want. ;) But there's a lot more you can do, if you feel like it.

No hovertanks, since antigravity tech only reaches Humans in mid-war -- in fact, it's a decisive turning-point. But there are tanks. They just don't hover. ;)

If you want hovertanks, uou can find Imperial versions in the Spacer's Toolkit. They may be a bit too powerful for Alien Wars, but you can always scale down the DCs. Or you can take an Alien Wars tank and simply add the hover engines from any of the the STK hovertanks. HERO is good like that. :)

I, too, anxiously await Alien Wars. :)

Originally posted by Ben Seeman

If you want hovertanks, uou can find Imperial versions in the Spacer's Toolkit. They may be a bit too powerful for Alien Wars, but you can always scale down the DCs. Or you can take an Alien Wars tank and simply add the hover engines from any of the the STK hovertanks. HERO is good like that. :)

I, too, anxiously await Alien Wars. :)

I'm looking forward to it; Terran Empire was a fine piece of work, but not quite what I'm looking for. And yes, I will have hover-tanks! Can't do a Hammer's Slammers rip-off without the hover tanks....

DGv3.0

Originally posted by DigitalGolem

I'm looking forward to it; Terran Empire was a fine piece of work, but not quite what I'm looking for. And yes, I will have hover-tanks! Can't do a Hammer's Slammers rip-off without the hover tanks....

DGv3.0

Yup, I'm a serious Hammers fan :D . Same with Starship Troopers. Currently, I'm reading Armor by John Steakley, which is very much a bug-hunt book.

I wouldn't say I'm "stoked," per se, but I am anxiously looking forward to even the playtest version (and I fully intend to buy the final product). Terran Empire is more my speed, but Alien Wars will have historical data, information on the Xenovores (who are to have a significant role in the scheme of things in the campaign I'm planning), and I'm sure several other bits -- including, I hope, some additional extraterrestrial species -- that I'd find very useful. :D

I am really excited about Alien Wars. So far Star Hero has been my favorite line of books from Hero, and can't wait to play Space Marine bug hunts with a little Space Above and Beyond thrown in.

Armor is a really good book, I enjoyed it a lot. it has the distiction of being the only book I've ever read twice on purpose. I don't typically read books twice because there are always other books I haven't read yet that I want to read first, I have read books twice because I forgot I read them and don't realize it unitl I'm halfway through the book (happens a lot with the Dritzt books, they're all pretty much the same so who can tell)