5E Rules Question: Dexterity and Figured Speed

As my Search Fu is weak (that or the HERO boards Search Engine hates me), I have found myself with the following problem that has probably already been answered:

As I am too poor to buy Hero Designer, and I am in the process of writing a PDF that converts DnD 3.5 to HERO 5e, I am creating Base Templates for Races and Classes. I am using a Spreadsheet I kyped from the HERO Games "Free Stuff" (I use the one by Chris Carey) to handle all of my calculations.

The Problem I run into is with Elves. I am giving them a +2 to DEX and INT (adapting the example package deal from FRED and changing it up a hair). The problem I am running into is that the Spreadsheet is giving me 2 points back for Speed, as the speed is left alone at 3.

My question is: If a character is in the situation where his DEX provides his base speen and has some left over (Such as DEX 12 and SPD 2 or even DEX 24 and SPD 3) would he get the leftover points back from SPD?

My gut tells me "no" but that leaves me with trying to rewrite the Spreadsheet to fix this problem... or ignoring the Spreadsheet and reminding myself that the Elves get 2 points less to spend on the Spread Sheet (I'm trying to do racial Templates on 25 points or less).

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I've never run into this problem before as I always wind up spending at least 9 points to raise my SPD 1 point.

Re: 5E Rules Question: Dexterity and Figured Speed

Ummm.... oooookay.

Anyway, I figured out how to fix the Spreadsheet problem (just have the SPD entry match the Base SPD entry). Go figure, it took me all of 15 minutes on my own after 30 minutes of searching the boards and reading the book :P

Re: 5E Rules Question: Dexterity and Figured Speed

Rules-wise' date=' your gut is right. You don't get extra points back when you buy increments of DEX less then 10. You only get a discount if you choose to spend points on SPD.[/quote']

Well, the old conversion system from 4th edition worked out fairly well for us in fantasy games. Most of the figured stats were simply "as figured" but PD & ED were 2x figured and SPD was rounded up. It does make a problem if you have a toon with lots of 13+ stats unless they all have about the same.