• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Re: Ctrl+V

"I don't know if this was a good idea," said Ron, moving toward the front door. "This is a big step."

"We were ready, Ron. We needed the space, and I was not going to live with your parents for the rest of my life," Hermione said.

"Hey, they were good to us. We had our own room," Ron said.

"Now... we have lots of them," she said, spinning around in front of the home that they had purchased.

"But... are you sure this is the place for us? Maybe we should call Harry," said Ron.

"Nonsense...we don't need Harry. There's nothing here that we can't handle on own. You aren't going to let those...legends of this place to scare you off, are you?" she said,playfully.

"Bloody 'ell," Ron mumbled.

"Welcome!" Marcy said, opening the door, seeing the young couple on the precipice of their new lives. She immediately recognized the yellow tint to Ron from his natural worried state. "I am so glad you made it. How was the trip from England?"

"It was..." Hermione said, "like magic."

"Isn't it?" said Marcy, not catching the comment. Ron smiled at his new bride's quip. "Let me show you around."

"That is not necessary. We have seen everything that we need to," said Hermione. "This is exactly what we are looking for."

"Wonderful..." Marcy said, suddenly furrowing her brow. "Out of necessity, I must tell you what happened to the previous owners. I'm afraid that they died... in the house. A murder-suicide. They were a pleasant gay couple... friendly as could be. I sold the house to them as well. And there have been a few..."

"That will not affect our decision," said Hermione.

"Are you sure, love?" Ron said.

"We are sure," she said.

"I'll get the paperwork," said Marcy.

Hermione jumped into Ron's arms.

"It's ours!" she said.

"Yeah... whoopie," Ron said.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES...THE GAME

You may be wondering why I played a DH computer game when I only ever watched about three episodes of the game. Well, my house is being renovated and that has cut me off from my real computer which is in storage. I actually wore out my old laptop's keyboard and had to buy another. So no games for me, until I went to Goodwill to dispose of some old coats belonging to my mother and noticed they were selling this one for three bucks. I was curious enough to lay out the three bucks.

It seems a little bit like the Sims, but there's a DH plotline going on. The protagonist is a new arrival on the street, a housewife married to a doctor. No sooner has she arrived than Edie barges into the house and makes herself obnoxious. The character has no real choice but to hate the bitch.

Right after that, Bree, a friendly but pretentious woman shows up to invite the protagonist to a coffee klatch with the other women of the street (but not Edie who everyone seems to hate) On the way, Our Heroine checks her mail and discovers a small parcel addressed to one "E.B". (Edie). That's why Our Heroine has to hate Edie. Gives her a motive to open someone elses mail.

So she proceeds to the get-together where she meets Susan and if she's friendly and sympathetic, Susan immediately tells her all about how she was dating this doctor but they broke up when he found out that she had secretly remarried her ex-husband in order defraud medical insurance. I mean, what the hell bitch? Couldn't you save your dark secrets for the second date?

After that, Our Heroine quickly reveals to the whole harpy nest that she doesn't actually remember ever marrying her husband the doctor because she had one of those amnesia-causing accidents some 16-20 years ago and had to be filled in on her whole past life by her husband.

I'm sure that if you've read this far, it's obvious just what Our Heroine's dark familial secret is. I stopped playing at that point, meaning that I'd played for less time I took to install the thing.

Based on this sample, the writing for the game is a wee bit unsubtle. The visual conversion of the characters from DH into toons was quite good. I'm tempted to do a Let's Play.

Inspiring Word (Sp): As a standard action, you can speak an inspiring word to a creature within 30 feet. That creature receives a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1). You can use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.